Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.5.0

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Share This Page

1. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

@Mike

I may have found a few bugs.

I noticed today that BIT hadn't updated my weather overlay since 5:16 AM May 9th.

So I opened up the GUI and clicked the "Update Weather / Save" button. It didn't succeed.

It said in the upper right that it would retry in "30". That number didn't tick down or anything.

At this point I tried to close the Blue Iris Tools window using the standard close button in the upper right. It didn't work. I could minimize the window or click around to other tabs, but BIT wouldn't close. I went to task manager to kill it and noticed BIT was consuming 1 entire CPU core.

Then I killed BIT via the task manager and started it again. Weather updated immediately, just fine.

-----------------

Then I went looking to see if I could turn on logging, and discovered more problems. I found the "BIT Logs" button in the Options tab. Clicking it opened the log window offscreen to the left with no way of moving it on-screen short of editing the settings file.

Also, the first time I click "BIT Logs" after starting BIT, it opens the Nvidia Control Panel along with the logs window. I can't begin to explain why, but it is fully reproducible every time I close and open BIT and click the "BIT Logs" button. Further clicks of the BIT Logs button only open the logs window (not the Nvidia Control Panel) until I close and reopen BIT.

I was running BIT version 1.3.0. I just now updated to 1.3.2 and can confirm this BIT Logs + Nvidia Control Panel issue is still happening with it.

Mike likes this.
  2. griffths

griffths Getting comfortable

I had similar weirdness happen starting a few days ago. What tipped me off was the "last updated" tag on my overlays; they were not in sync with the timestamp in the overlay as usual.

I tried to kill and restart BIT but was not successful however a reboot of my BI server resolved the problem.

I did notice that an update to Win10 was pending when I rebooted so figured that was messing with something related to BIT but who knows with MS products......

bp2008 likes this.
  3. TonyR

TonyR IPCT Contributor

@bp2008 ,
    I've got BIT 1.3.1 and what you found & did in the upper half of your post is like deja vu to me a few days ago.

bp2008 likes this.
  4. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Thanks guys. I noticed this, too. Will be pushing out an update soon.

5. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Weather updates stopped and CPU usage went up again. It may have been caused by this coming up and me clicking No.

[​IMG]

6. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

It literally just happened again, and CPU usage went up before I even clicked a button. I clicked Yes this time and it did not help.

griffths likes this.
  7. griffths

griffths Getting comfortable

Yep....EXACTLY the same experience I had yesterday, complete with error regarding "script on page stopped....."

Curious that it just started happening even though WU has been unstable for a while now. Must be some sort of WU conspiracy to remotely disable BIT. :rofl:

8. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Nobody would have guessed that BIT would try to execute any scripts included in the response. This is most likely the result of BIT using some kind of Internet Explorer component to load the weather data when it should just be using a plain HTTP(s) component.

9. Alan_F

Alan_F n3wb

Same exact error with high CPU usage multiple times over the past few days. I am only able to close BI Tools from task manager once the error pops up.

10. Ssayer

Ssayer Pulling my weight

Same here as well

11. Mike

Mike Staff Member

I am aware of these bugs and have been experiencing them too. WU changed some stuff around that isn't playing well with BIT's main and backup method of retrieving weather. I have a potential fix running on my Blue Iris rig now that I am testing with hopes of releasing soon.

erkme73, aristobrat, anijet and 4 others like this.
  12. erkme73

erkme73 Getting comfortable

Now I feel like a dolt for starting a new thread on this problem before looking at the latest posts here. But, in any case. me too! Thanks for what you're doing @Mike.

13. Mike

Mike Staff Member

lol it's really not a big deal, I am glad that people care enough to report bugs. I'm actually working on it right now as well. I had started creating a bunch of new features a month or so ago but got real busy, so this is forcing me to roll out the new features and fix!

New features are
    • Batch camera configuration - change settings on multiple cameras at once
    • Key manager - find your machine's key plus store other keys
    • UI improvements - cleaned up the UI a bit, put all weather settings on the Weather Overlay tab, etc.
    Proxy will be released shortly thereafter.

14. brianrozs5br

brianrozs5br n3wb

Hi! I've just tried installing BIT on a Win 10 64-bit laptop running BI4 and keep getting error message - Can't create Directory!?
    Any suggestions/help, please?

15. grigione

grigione BIT Beta Team

Try ti install BIT as administrator

16. Trsbbs

Trsbbs n3wb

Program is locking up with a script error.
    Have stopped using it as issue happens three or more times a day .
    Also I thought WU was ending outside API access?

Please add the ability to use clientraw.txt.

jgray99 likes this.
  17. TonyR

TonyR IPCT Contributor

You stated this yesterday in another thread.....@Mike previously stated that he is very aware of the problem and is working on a fix and as far as I know, he requires some sleep now and then like most of us....unlike @fenderman . :cool:

anijet likes this.
  18. Trsbbs

Trsbbs n3wb

That thread was closed and it's contents not moved here.

I understand devs and sleep. I have over 10 of them I work with daily.

I also offered suggestions for alternative weather source.

Relax....

19. Mike

Mike Staff Member

I am working on it right now, hoping to release today.

In the meantime keep the weather feature off and auto-update on. After the update, turn weather back on.

erkme73, th182, TL1096r and 1 other person like this.
  20. th182

th182 BIT Beta Team

BI Tools is not the only program affected by WU.. I have OpenSprinkler and it is supposed to adjust my irrigation time based on my weather station but has been inconsistent since the WU issues developed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike likes this.