Blackview DR650S-2CH-IR

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"
Be Back Soon!
Close
Thank you for your patience while we break for the Shabbos holiday. Although online ordering is unavailable, you may still add items to your cart or wish list. Checkout will resume at Saturday 8:30 PM EDT.

Want an alert when checkout reopens?"
Well that's one way to load test your servers...

Last edited:

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's a good thing, gives me a few hours to see if this is as bad as an impulse buy as i think it is... >:)

Last edited:

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the rear camera store video on the memory card on the front cam via wifi?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the rear camera store video on the memory card on the front cam via wifi?
:facepalm: It all gets recorded to the sd card. Wifi just provides a means of copying the video without removing the memory card.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No face palming, please. The specs mention a 16gb card, not 2. Trying to figure out if each unit has a card or what, that's all. Is there a wire that gets run to connect the 2 units?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No face palming, please. The specs mention a 16gb card, not 2. Trying to figure out if each unit has a card or what, that's all. Is there a wire that gets run to connect the 2 units?
AFIK, it has 1 micro sd card slot and comes with a 16gb card. EDIT: each part of the camera may have a micro sd slot... looking

Last edited:

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The IR would be interesting, but how can it work going through a windshield? Maybe just for interior view?
This is a comment from the Q&A section on the B&H site. "IR is on the secondary cam for interior purpose only. In case you would like to capture passenger faces etc. however if you want to capture whats going on rear of the car IR must be switched off."

Reactions: GFM

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All right, picked up one of the non-IR models (no need for me). Been wanting to get a dash cam for a while, but most I've looked at before have very mixed reviews.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The IR one is at least IR Sensitive, wont have a fixed cut filter on it.. so for like me when I tow I could in theory put an IR light on my trailer and my copilot could check it and actually be able to see it well without blinding people with a big flood light heh.. I might want to turn it forward and enable on IR so it can be used for interior security using wifi/cloud capabilities and as a webcam for the two dogs/or two kids when they sleeping back there camping.. I plan on just rotating it forward or backwards from the back window and reconfiguring it over wifi..

rear cams are minimally useful when you got window tint and my wife is constantly checking on the kids when they sleep and were alone around a campfire in the middle of nowhere; so giving her an app she can click and look when she hears some shit at 3am will help me get the kids out of my tent, and locked inside the suv; thus enabling me to get laid on vacation again, aint technology great :p

if I really wanted to go slick I'd turn rear camera forward and repurpose a single channel out of wife's car to hook up a rear stand alone camera on the trailer looking backwards and get 1080p in both directions and a puppy live stream for the copilot :)

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
nayr,

Nice cam.
I used to work for a place the designed, built, installed & serviced cams and NVRs for buses (and trains, police, gov't vehicles).

For buses, when they returned to the depot, the WiFi SSID would be recognized, and specific footage would be downloaded automatically.
Fastb
I can already imagine @nayr is thinking how to get his home automation setup to download the footage when he pulls up to the house.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that may be possible with some network sniffing; I know how to reverse engineer some API's and I doubt this has much if any security.. :D

My new Q7 has AudiConnect built in hotspot; we just reviewed my wife's data plan and the only time she ever went over 1GB a month was when we were on a vacation/road trip and working from the field so to speak.. which we want to do more of; so she's changing her unlimited plan down to 1GB of high speed and the money saved will more than pay for an AT&T unlimited auto data plan for the Audi that provides 22GB of 3G&4G for $20/mo.

So I'll give the cloud features a spin, might be handy from time to time.. can have it push notifications if the bump or internal motion sensors go off and that could be useful.

Thinking of hardwiring a built in battery tender, since its not a daily driver I could plug it in and leave the camera running all the time.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Mine arrived today. Here's a pic of everything that came in the box. The cam lenses have little lens caps on them.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
View attachment 16791

Mine arrived today. Here's a pic of everything that came in the box. The cam lenses have little lens caps on them.
Beat me to it, received mine as well. I'm still looking for the power info on this so I can hard wire it into my mirror instead of using the charger it came with... Not impressed with the wifi so far. My phone is with my in my office ~15 feet away, and it is struggling to stay connected to it in my garage. Came dead, so ill give it a run tomorrow and let it charge hopefully while I'm driving to work.