Blocking WAN access

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Sricam IP cam which I want to disable WAN side. I have set my router to block all inbound ports 1-65535 TCP/UDP and I have disabled UPnP - but I am still able to connect to the camera's on my phone's app when disconnected from my LAN and using my phone's data network.

How can I stop or block access from outside of my LAN. The camera does not specify a model number on the bottom - looks like every other cheap IP Cam on the market currently.

Thanks.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depending on your router, on some routers there are parental controls that allow the blocking of the MAC address. I have blocked all camera mac addresses.

Or another option is to set up a Vlan and put the camera on the seperate vlan.

Is the camera a cloud camera ?

are you recording the camera on the local network ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you scan a QR code to when setting it up? If so, this is why you can connect, you will have to block the cams MAC in your router.

Reaction score
Unfortunately my router does not offer MAC filtering - only IP. So is the VLAN my only option.

Thank you for the lightening fast replies!

Reaction score
I had the same problem that I could not block individual Mac addresses only IP ranges. Is why I upgraded to a ubiquity UDM router and solved all my issues

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Chances are your cam is connecting to your phone after they do some sort of handshake between an 'intermediate service' to figure where your phone is. Are you able to block outbound access for the cam itself ?