Blue iris 10 cheap cams sricam wanscam need help ironing out the details fps/recordi

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have a nice system. Running Blue Iris 10 cams (3 sricam ap008,2 sricam ap007,2 sricam ap009,2 wanscam, 1 can't remember) I got a new tp link Archer c7 and everything seems to be running good. So I want to iron out the details now. Under blue iris I set all connections to 10fps.when I log into the firmware of the Cameras it's not remembering and keeps putting it back to 30 fps. Is that going to be a problem? I may connect hard wire and try to set the fps again.
Next is recording. I get alot of false alarms. So I read somewhere to click on color only. I also copied this linkhttp://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3055-Performance-and-general-questions/page2
I changed the buffer to 45 the motion time to. 7 (Only 4 outside cameras will record. 1 indoor)
So I'm still testing these settings.
Any other tips would be great. My goal is to get smooth picture and decent recording.
Also my cup is reading 14 to 40 percent. I looked under task manager under performance. Is that OK?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Blue iris 10 cheap cams sricam wanscam need help ironing out the details fps/reco

@epowers777 Dont worry about the fps...those cameras are not going to send anywhere near that amount over wifi..
Dont set it to color only..you will miss motion events... Post a screenshot of your motion settings...
Also do not use object detect reject or you will miss motion events..uncheck it..
yes 40 percent cpu is fine
Disk space is cheap, its better to record more than to record too little...if you are concerned about false alerts, you can setup a duplicate cloned camera in blue iris and only use it for alerts...simply set the motion thresholds higher for the alert camera..this way you only get legitimate alerts but dont miss recordings..you can hide these duplicate cameras so you dont have double on the screen (general tab >hidden, then right click on display area and uncheck display hidden cameras)...

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Blue iris 10 cheap cams sricam wanscam need help ironing out the details fps/reco

OK so what do I set blue iris for when it comes to fps? 30?
I change the color thing back to normal. I noticed I had no recordings today. What I'm trying to not record is the shadows or the branches moving. Also looking for a smooth recording not choppy.
I'm not quite understanding the double camera. So I'm using one camera and having to spots on blue iris? Please explain .
My router is an Archer c7 tp link .I turned on the 5hz feqteure.my plan was to have a few cameras on 5hz and rest on 2.4hz to help with bandwidth. I can't get any cameras to read it.they are suppose to be n compatible. Any help on this. Its on the highest channel with n mixed.
I'll take pics tomorrow of the recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

OK so what do I set blue iris for when it comes to fps? 30?
I change the color thing back to normal. I noticed I had no recordings today. What I'm trying to not record is the shadows or the branches moving. Also looking for a smooth recording not choppy.
I'm not quite understanding the double camera. So I'm using one camera and having to spots on blue iris? Please explain .
My router is an Archer c7 tp link .I turned on the 5hz feqteure.my plan was to have a few cameras on 5hz and rest on 2.4hz to help with bandwidth. I can't get any cameras to read it.they are suppose to be n compatible. Any help on this. Its on the highest channel with n mixed.
I'll take pics tomorrow of the recording.
I would leave blue iris at automaticly adjust, you can leave it at 30 unless you have issues...You can avoid capturing shadows by by adjusting the make time to at least 0.7 and playing with the minimum object and contrast size...
If your recording is choppy then you need to determined if its your cameras or not..is the live view choppy? Those are really low end cameras running over wifi, i am not surprised that you are having issues..

With respect to cloning, yes one camera with two windows in blue iris (add a camera and use the same ip address so you see a double camera)...one is only used for alerts ONLY...then you can set independent alert thresholds...you can then hide the camera so you dont see double on the screen.

Those cameras will not work on the 5ghz spectrum...N compatibly does not guarantee 5ghz compatibility it just means that it works on 2.4 N..
Even if it did work, 5ghz has less range than 2.4 so it would likely not help you..
Also keep in mind that many low end cameras that claim N compatibility are not even N compatible..they are just G cameras that are "backwards compatible" with N..this will prevent you from running in N only mode which is preferable.. I dont know about your cameras specifically.

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score

Sorry I have been really sick. I have 4 kids under 4 all :puke:ing!
Been watching cpu been around 20 percent. My garage cam is very far away. I dropped it to 3 fps unchecked the auto box. Seems to not be disconnecting. All other boxes are checked as you suggested.

Attachments

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score

For some reason every morning I go to log into my blue iris and it says server not found. So I look at the Web server Ip the 192 number. The last number always moves 1 up or 1 down. How can I fix this. It started when I installed my new router. It's port forwarded. It's an Archer c7.any help would be great.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

For some reason every morning I go to log into my blue iris and it says server not found. So I look at the Web server Ip the 192 number. The last number always moves 1 up or 1 down. How can I fix this. It started when I installed my new router. It's port forwarded. It's an Archer c7.any help would be great.
The blue iris webserver uses the ipaddress assgined to the computer that blue iris is installed on...you need to assign a static ip address to the pc...usually this is done via the routers dhcp reservation...in your router under dhcp there is an option for address reservation..

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score

What do you think about my motion settings?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

What do you think about my motion settings?
motion settings sensitively will vary by camera (what its capturing, wide view, trees etc)..the settings look good..i would change the break time from 2.2 to at least 15 seconds maybe 30...this way you dont miss activity when the subject stops...

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score

Thank you for the dhcp settings. Works great. I appreciate the time you take to help me. Ty

epowers777

n3wb
Reaction score

Should I do dhcp setting on my camera router for all my cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Should I do dhcp setting on my camera router for all my cameras?
The cameras just like the pc need a static ip address...you can do that using dhcp reservation as well...
Another method is setting the cameras to use a static ip address, however you need to make sure you assign an address outside the routers dhcp range or else the router may assign that address to something else..so for example, if your routers dhcp range is 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.150, you can assign 192.1.168.150 and up to your cameras..remember not to go above .254

Some folks like this second method because if you ever swap routers you dont need to manually re-enter the dhcp reservation, you just have to set the dhcp range the same and the devices will grab ip address outside that range..
DHCP reservation is will work just fine tough...

jaycook777

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi,
What's your setup for the Sricam AP008? Screenshots would be great. Their software really sucks.
Jay