Blue Iris 4 Sound Issue

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im having trouble getting audio to play from my foscams through blue iris. I have checked to confirm that the audio does in fact work on the foscams with other software through iphone and it works just not through blue iris if anyone can help me ???? Thanks A lot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply sir, but i have tried that option "not specified" in main options and it still doesnt work:(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm, post a screenshot of both the audio settings from the blue iris camera properties audio tab and from the blue iris options audio tab.

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not quite sure how to post a screenshot but these are my settings-

camera audio properties: ticked-enable audio capture hardware, ticked-ip camera stream under device, ticked - webcast audio , record audio during profiles~1234567.

Under Blue Iris Options Audio:

Microphone , ticked-enable audio capture hardware, device selected is ATI AVStream Analog Audio Capture

Output: Device (Not Specified)
Volume 100

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the other outputs other than not specified?
Are you running the latest version of BI4?
What foscam model are you using?

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have tried other outputs with negative results, I have the latest version of BI4. My foscams are f18918, f18910 all with latest software. im running my pc through hdmi to a 42 inch tv with sound through soundcard speakers not tv.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you right click on the camera and select play live audio and all the playback options are disabled in the windows control panel sound settings except for the speakers..open and close BI the try the sound.

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks still not working. Although I can hear regular pc sounds through speakers ????

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Other than rebooting, I am all out of suggestions..try emailing support...usually these things are related to a silly setting that is over looked. Make sure you have the proper foscam selected from the drop down menu..

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried emailing support several times and no responses.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried emailing support several times and no responses.
Sometimes he gets overloaded, there is a single person doing the support and development of the software...
Unplug the tv and try using a monitor hooked up to the pc..just for troubleshooting..maybe its trying to send the sound to the tv via hdmi..

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I Have a question regarding support. I bought a copy of blue iris 3 and then the next day i find out that blue iris 4 came out and wasnt able to upgrade. I repeatedly emailed support and no response. I feel as if i was taken advantage of because I wasnt able to upgrade after without knowledge purchasing a out of date copy of blue iris 3? Is there any way i can update blue iris 3 to blue iris 4?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are entitled to a free upgrade... Where are you sending your emails?

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I Sent them to the support email that is listed on the blue iris page. Do you have another email or can you send me the correct email because maybe something is wrong ?? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I Sent them to the support email that is listed on the blue iris page. Do you have another email or can you send me the correct email because maybe something is wrong ?? Thanks
That is the correct email..he usually gets back quickly but sometimes i can take a few days..
You might want to try the 32bit version...some cams had issues with 64bit....maybe someone using the f18918, f18910 with blue iris can chime in...i think they are working fine with 64 bit version though.