Blue Iris 4 Timeline not shwoing what it should?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I just noticed my bottom timeline does not show any activity like it was doing, can someone tell me what to set, I must have somehow changed something. Also, under the RECORD tab for each camera my PRE-TRIGGER VIDEO BUFFER is set for 0, can someone tell me what it should be and what it does? Thanks, Adam

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just noticed my bottom timeline does not show any activity like it was doing, can someone tell me what to set, I must have somehow changed something. Also, under the RECORD tab for each camera my PRE-TRIGGER VIDEO BUFFER is set for 0, can someone tell me what it should be and what it does? Thanks, Adam
you likely select show selected camera only and that camera doesnt have recording...
for the rest, read the help file..its all there

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, thanks for the response. All my cameras have recording and I read the help file under timeline but I guess I am not bright enough to figure out why it does not show the clips and alerts like it did yesterday? I know you are busy but any help appreciated, really. Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, perhaps if I post more info someone can help. I have 9 cameras all recording continuously. Clips are no longer registering on the bottom timeline (they are perfect on the right side window and ALL open up when I double click them) and when I click on the time line as seen in the picture (I clicked on timeline from 1 hour ago) all cameras show nothing. I have the Blue Iris database on my C drive and I have the recordings and clips on my D drive. I am not running Blue Iris as a Windows service so I think that should be OK but perhaps I am wrong. I looked in the help file but can't see anything that would help me (I am not too bright) so I am hoping some kind soul can help me, I think it should be something easy I am overlooking. Thank to all! Adam

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No idea why your timeline is empty. I can't do that to mine unless I use the "selected camera only" option like fenderman said and then click on a camera that doesn't have any clips within the timeline's time range.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try clicking the little clock icon to the right of the timeline. It should turn green and this indicates the timeline is auto-scrolling to the current time.

Probably won't make a difference though.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, yes, I don't have "selected camera only" and clicking that Icon does not change anything. I am convinced it is something simple and someone should be able to help. Anyway, thanks for trying, it never hurts! Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, yes, I don't have "selected camera only" and clicking that Icon does not change anything. I am convinced it is something simple and someone should be able to help. Anyway, thanks for trying, it never hurts! Adam
Have you tried basics like restarting? What have you done lately? Did you mess with the database file?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I restarted Blue Iris but no luck. I did change a few settings this morning in my efforts to prevent the 9 cameras from dropping and so far that part has been good but not exactly sure what settings I changed, I was careful to try to make some setting changes for the camera dropping problem. I have not touched the database file in any respect. I must have clicked on some setting somewhere in either OTHER, USERS, CAMERA, STARTUP but not sure which one could have changed this. I am trying but maybe I will be lucky and someone had a similar issue. Thanks, Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well good news, I selected the ?compact database" open when you right click on a clip and it fixed the problem! Thanks again for all who tried to help. Adam