Blue Iris 4 web server issues

DanStar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys. New member here with a bit of a problem. I recently installed BI on a windows 10 version in esxi. Software is working fine and I am able to see the camera. I then installed the app on my android phone and am not able to connect. I get a message that it can not reach the server. In my web browser on the computer, I also cant reach the web server at 192.168.0.50:81, which is what it is set as in BI. It says server is temporarily unavailable. This is all done on my local network. Any ideas ? Thanks

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So...INSIDE your lan your Blue Iris Server sits at IP address 192.168.0.50? And you have all of the Blue Iris Options > Web Server options configured correctly (including "Enable the http web server on port" set at "81")?

Is there any other web server software running on port 81 at the 92.168.0.50 address?

DanStar

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct. Everything looks fine and the web server is enabled. Its a fresh install of Windows 10 that only has BI on it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. Everything looks fine and the web server is enabled. Its a fresh install of Windows 10 that only has BI on it.
Check your firewall. Are you using mcafee?

DanStar

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you able to ping the BI server at the 92.168.0.50 address?
Normally no. I went and added a rule to allow ICMPv4 on the machine and then was able to ping it. Not sure why it is blocked by default.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try changing the web server to port 80 and rebooting the BI machine...and turn off the Windows firewall before you reboot.

(When all else fails...flail!)

DanStar

n3wb
Reaction score
Try changing the web server to port 80 and rebooting the BI machine...and turn off the Windows firewall before you reboot.

(When all else fails...flail!)
Wow, that worked. I changed it to port 80. Any idea why it didnt like port 81 ? Thanks!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that worked. I changed it to port 80. Any idea why it didnt like port 81 ? Thanks!
Yes, here is the technical explanation...but I'm not certain you'll be able to follow along...

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
and the bus is interrupted at a very last resort,

and the access of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
then the socket packet pocket has an error to report.