Blue Iris 4 with foscam cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision 2332 turret..the difference will be night and day

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow thats a nice camera .....i have a funlux set also incorporated into my blue iris but at times they go green and pixelate and digitally bleed ??? maybe i can replace the zmodo cams with hikvision one you suggest and still use the funlux dvr??? i have the foscams because they have audio and are ptz and can afford them currently.

i updated the firmware now on all the foscams.

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
on a side note the funlux cams go green and digitally bleed only through the blue iris 4 program but are clear when using the zmodo/zsight software though???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
on a side note the funlux cams go green and digitally bleed only through the blue iris 4 program but are clear when using the zmodo/zsight software though???
The green is usually a bandwidth issue..try increasing the receive buffer. What version of blue iris are you using?
The hikvision can be had for about 100 with us firmware if you get the 2mp version. http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/257-Good-source-to-buy-IP-items-at
The 2.8mm lens will give you a wide angle, you will not need pan tilt...pan tilt is a gimmick, you cannot monitor your cams 24/7..the hikvsions have a much wider view than the foscams..
If you want audio, reasonably priced look at the dahua 4300c http://www.amazon.com/Dahua-IPC-HDW4300C-Waterproof-Network-Camera/dp/B00LGNKN8Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436587013&sr=8-1&keywords=dahua+4300c
you probably cant use the funlux dvr...but thats why you have blue iris..
If you dont mind running indoor cameras outside these are rebranded hikvisions
http://www.amazon.com/LaView-LV-PC902F2-W-Detection-Motion-Wireless/dp/B00PKO52B8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1436587188&sr=8-6&keywords=panda+camera

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try disabling and turning off all functionality on the camera you are not using.. extra streams, etc.. the camera's resources may be getting exhausted and its deadlocking.

but if you really rely on these cameras for safety then they need to be replaced asap.. any of the ones fenderman has showed you will give you much better results than you have been seeing.

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for all the info on the cams i will check it all out. im using the newest version of blue iris4 . the funny thing is that it only does it during the day (green picture/digitally bleeding) on the zmodo/funlux cams

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
how do i do that ? do you mean the ones that are not working before i have to replug them back ?