Blue Iris 5 Not Starting up......

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just had a MAJOR thunderstorm roll through......power flashed a couple of times. Most of my systems are on UPS when I sat down at computer windows firewall was asking for access to BI which I thought was strange. I allowed access the splash screen came up the nothing. I reset as many items as I can think of IE routers POE switch, but still nothing. Now the real weird thing is I have multiple blue iris 5 machines running all independent of each other, and they are ALL doing the same thing? Splash screen then nothing.....my one machine still has old ver of BI4 which started up no problem....it also showed me power is out to half of my area, half of my remote cameras are down. Any other Ideas suggestions on what might be keeping BI5 from starting? Any help is appreciated....TKS

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What do you mean by nothing?

Is it related to this issue many of us had this week or something different?

If it is something different, it sounds like a file may have got corrupt and you may need to stop the service and make some deletions or mods to registry to get it going again. Searching here for registry will pull up several threads of BI not starting and what to change.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Is he getting the windows blocked a potentially...blah blah blah? UAC issue, requiring the workaround? maybe?