Blue Iris 5 Reolink Cameras and Hardware Acceleration Not working

_Peek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can concur that I'm having the exact same issue.

However, with the number of ongoing issues I've had to deal with over the last 6 months, Reolinks just ain't worth it anymore. I've also dealt with the BI developers and Reolink's Support which is how I got the firmware, which, after 6 months, haven't been released to the public as yet.... :thumbdown:

Just the past weekend we were robbed and the Reolinks were nothing more than an absolute waste of space, time and energy on a wall.

BlueIris SHOULD remove all references to Reolink and clearly state that the brand is not supported. Full stop.

As such, I'll echo @sebastiantombs , @SouthernYankee and numerous others whom held the same view when I first joined this form in search of some enlightenment on all-things-not-working-re-Reolink and all-possible-workarounds-to-hopefully-make-it-work-re-Reolink. It's not worth it. It's a difficult pill to swallow, but you've burned cash and Reolink will just pay you until you cannot return the crap for a refund.

I can add some value though. If you wanna buy super cheap cameras, less than half the price of the cheapest Reolink, get Jovision. Cheap $35 plastic that actually works and once the IR led burn out, a cheap LED PIR makes them more useful than what any Reolink has ever been.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
However, with the number of ongoing issues I've had to deal with over the last 6 months, Reolinks just ain't worth it anymore. I've also dealt with the BI developers and Reolink's Support which is how I got the firmware, which, after 6 months, haven't been released to the public as yet.... :thumbdown:

Just the past weekend we were robbed and the Reolinks were nothing more than an absolute waste of space, time and energy on a wall.

BlueIris SHOULD remove all references to Reolink and clearly state that the brand is not supported. Full stop.

As such, I'll echo @sebastiantombs , @SouthernYankee and numerous others whom held the same view when I first joined this form in search of some enlightenment on all-things-not-working-re-Reolink and all-possible-workarounds-to-hopefully-make-it-work-re-Reolink. It's not worth it. It's a difficult pill to swallow, but you've burned cash and Reolink will just pay you until you cannot return the crap for a refund.
I am sorry to hear that. Sadly another post showing how poorly the reolinks perform when something happens.

Any not so great captures of the blur-ghost that you captured to share here - someone may recognize the blob LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^That is outstanding quality LOL.

I would like to think that is a joke, but sadly I bet it isn't.