Blue Iris 5 Upgraded

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After upgrading my CPU runs at 95 - 100%. While trying to customize each camera, I find that the main menu is not accessible (greyed out) and the camera settings (right click on camera) are also not accessible. I emailed support but have not heard back. Any help is much appreciated.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Is your support plan up to date? Since version 5 if you're not subscribing to support, no more free upgrades but you can use the older version for as long as you want.

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated the support plan on 4 to be able to upgrade. Would that cause the main menu problem?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You've got me there other than a guess that the install/upgrade went corrupt, somehow. I'd suggest doing an uninstall, but be sure to save your license key before deactivating and uninstalling. Then do a fresh install. There are many threads, and some information in the WiKi to help you through that job.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
If you upgraded from 4 to 5 check out this thread from wiki:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure the BI service is running with the same credentials as that that you used to perform the install.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)

1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) Blue Iris Setting about tab (black out your license key)