Blue Iris + 8910W + Asus AC1900 router frustration!

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
hi everyone.. i'm a total noob when it comes to setting this up. i thought it would be pretty straight forward, but guess not.

here is what i have:

Blue Iris - release 4.1.0.0 x64
Asus AC1900 router using internal DDNS function from asus.com
8910W foscam
* also the PC i'm running the blueiris on is connected to my router via WiFi

from blue iris, i was able to add my foscam to it and be able to view from it.

then i've tried to enable the port forwarding in the router and used Port Range 90:99 with both TCP UDP. yet when i try to check my IP from canyouseeme.org, it says the ports within that range are closed.

what gives? do i need to add the computer's IP that's running the blue iris manually into the router's firewall for IV6 inbound?

please help... thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@cusco Welcome to the forum.
1) That is a very old release of v4. Go here, download the latest. http://blueirissoftware.com/updates/
2) What are your blue iris webserver settings? Post an image. Redact ONLY the external ip address from the image.
3)DO NOT forward a port range...forward ONLY the webserver port. Use 8585 (you set this in the webserver tab)..
4) forward external port 8585 to internal port 8585 to the IP Address of the blue iris pc.

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
can you connect to the blue iris machine on your local wifi?
by that do you mean being able to see my cam from the blue iris machine? if so, yes i can see it as i'm using that machine now to post.

sorry i'm a total noob at this

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
by that do you mean being able to see my cam from the blue iris machine? if so, yes i can see it as i'm using that machine now to post.

sorry i'm a total noob at this
No, I mean before we try and view remotely, we need to make sure you can view locally.
Did you install the blue iris mobile app on your phone?

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
i don't have the blue iris app. before i only used IP Cam viewer to see my foscam at home from wifi.

is it needed? as i see one version for $10 and another for $5. any slickdeal on that?

i've posted what it looks like for port forwarding in my asus router.

BI2.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i don't have the blue iris app. before i only used IP Cam viewer to see my foscam at home from wifi.

is it needed? as i see one version for $10 and another for $5. any slickdeal on that?

i've posted what it looks like for port forwarding in my asus router.

View attachment 7200
If you intend to use blue iris buy the app..while you can use ip camviewer to view blue iris live cams, the app can do soo much more. you can view recorded video, get push notifications, change profiles, etc..
It 10 dollars and worth every penny. The five dollar app is not the official app, dont use it.
This is the correct app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueirissoftware.blueiris&hl=en
Dont put anything in the red box..
Simply put the blue iris machines ip address in the local ip box

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
i'm on iphone.. and just bought it. i've logged in from the app and currently iphone on wifi and can see all cams. what's next?

also what port should i set each cams to?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i'm on iphone.. and just bought it. i've logged in from the app and currently iphone on wifi and can see all cams. what's next?

also what port should i set each cams to?
You dont have to change the ports on any of your cams...thats the point of the webserver..
Simply forward port 5858...in your image, enter the ip address of the blue iris pc.

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
ok i've added the ip address of the blue iris PC and refresh the router.

and from iphone app, when i disconnect from wifi, i don't see anything. is there something i need to change in there?

do i need to run the remote access wizard in the blue iris?

when i get to here in the remote access wizard.. i get this:

B3.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok i've added the ip address of the blue iris PC and refresh the router.

do i need to run the remote access wizard in the blue iris?

and from iphone app, when i disconnect from wifi, i don't see anything. is there something i need to change in there?
No you dont need to run the wizard.
if the app doesnt work when not on wifi, first make sure you entered the external ip correctly along with the port.
Then if that doesnt work, disable your firewall and see if that helps..if so you need to specifically allow blue iris through..
Who is your internet service provider?

cusco

n3wb
Reaction score
i have comcast and using zone alarm. i just snoozed the zone alarm for 5 mins and i can access the blueiris machine and see my cams.

i even went into zone alarm and manually added blue iris to super user and enable trust and still doesn't work.

any other firewall you'd suggest?

EDIT: i rebooted and now everything works even with zone alarm. thank you sooo much!! wish you a happy holiday!!

Visceral

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman,
I hope Blue Iris's maker is giving you a commission since you have helped so many people setup and use the software. I'm buying it soon and can't find any "official" support for it that covers a common BI setup. I'm sure I'll be here looking for previous posts that may help me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman,
I hope Blue Iris's maker is giving you a commission since you have helped so many people setup and use the software. I'm buying it soon and can't find any "official" support for it that covers a common BI setup. I'm sure I'll be here looking for previous posts that may help me.
Welcome to the forum. I just love blue iris and use it on over 20 systems. There is a quick start guide in the help file which also includes a complete manual.