Blue Iris Action Buttons?

hedeon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there.

I am currently evaluating BI, trying to figure out is it worth switching from MotionEye.
So far I love it, and I want to buy it but...

... there are no action buttons. What I mean is some sort of button overlay on camera stream (can be in web version) which when pressed will perform some defined action, run the script, send MQTT message, or send HTTP GET request. This is VERY important to me. Is there a way to do it? In the worst case scenario can I bind some of PTZ buttons to perform such actions?

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there.

I am currently evaluating BI, trying to figure out is it worth switching from MotionEye.
So far I love it, and I want to buy it but...

... there are no action buttons. What I mean is some sort of button overlay on camera stream (can be in web version) which when pressed will perform some defined action, run the script, send MQTT message, or send HTTP GET request. This is VERY important to me. Is there a way to do it? In the worst case scenario can I bind some of PTZ buttons to perform such actions?

Thanks
Right click on the camera's pic.
Also, you can setup customized key press's on the keyboard to perform what you want.

hedeon

n3wb
Reaction score
Right click on the camera's pic.
What do you mean, I don't see anything relevant in the contextual menu when right-clicking on the camera stream... Do you mean TPZ/Control - Digital Output?
It can't be anything on the right click menu, nor the keyboard shortcut. Has to be a button on a camera stream (for touch screen devices) and reaction time is very important, therefore it can not be something I need to do 4 clicks to get to. Judging from not many responses looks like it is not a feature really implemented in BI. I was hoping that I am just unable to find it in configuration...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean, I don't see anything relevant in the contextual menu when right-clicking on the camera stream... Do you mean TPZ/Control - Digital Output?
It can't be anything on the right click menu, nor the keyboard shortcut. Has to be a button on a camera stream (for touch screen devices) and reaction time is very important, therefore it can not be something I need to do 4 clicks to get to. Judging from not many responses looks like it is not a feature really implemented in BI. I was hoping that I am just unable to find it in configuration...
Stick to your current software seems to be able to do what you need.

hedeon

n3wb
Reaction score
Kind of going off topic here. MotionEye has some reliability issues with the cameras I use, quite often losing the connection. Also would like some more advanced motion detection + presets, arming/disarming the system. BI is great so far with all of that, plus some more features I don't really need but it's nice to have but "action buttons" are essential for me. Seems to me I can either have a fish tank, or the fish...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of going off topic here. MotionEye has some reliability issues with the cameras I use, quite often losing the connection. Also would like some more advanced motion detection + presets, arming/disarming the system. BI is great so far with all of that, plus some more features I don't really need but it's nice to have but "action buttons" are essential for me. Seems to me I can either have a fish tank, or the fish...
Or prioritize reliability.
or read the manual.
Honesty, spend some time with the help file
"
Use the On call… button to define an action set to be executed in response to use of the
preset button. By default, this occurs in addition to what’s sent to the camera. Un-check the
Call preset in addition to ‘On call’ actions option to skip the camera’s normal preset
command."

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You mentioned nothing about a touch screen in the op.