Blue Iris "Alert Sound Error:-2147220906 ??

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, a couple of times a day I get this error message: Alert Sound Error:-2147220906 Does anyone know what it is and how to fix it, I have not changed anything and it started a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for any help. Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anybody? What happened to Fenderman, he know more then anyone? Adam

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
do you RDP to the BI machine? If so a quick forum search brought up the two threads suggesting that you need to log into the PC locally. i.e. Sit at the Keyboard and log in (or i guess use the console if its a VM). Other than that, i have no idea.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I am responding to to replies I received: First one is I don't know what RDP is but that is nothing I ever set up. 2nd one is the error message someone posted, I don't know what that has to do with my question? Thanks, Adam

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, I am responding to to replies I received: First one is I don't know what RDP is but that is nothing I ever set up. 2nd one is the error message someone posted, I don't know what that has to do with my question? Thanks, Adam
RDP is Remote Desktop Protocol - google is your friend .

Perhaps a few more details might help someone with more knowledge assist you.

Are you capturing sound from any of your cameras?
If so, have you disabled these cameras to see if the problem goes away?
If the problem goes away have you tried adding the cameras back one at a time to see if one of them triggers the problem again?
Do you have any audio devices plugged into this PC (headphones/mic)?
If so are they recent additions? Have you removed them?
Does your PC have internet access?
Do your cameras have internet access?
Have any updates application/OS been performed? (dont assume because you haven't manually updated that something else hasnt done so silently)
Are there any entries in the Windows event log surrounding the time period that you first started getting this error? (click start and type Event Viewer in the search bar)
Is it causing any issues within BI or otherwise on the PC?
Is the PC used for anything in addition to BI? I.e. a daily driver PC etc?
What resource usage is the PC running at (CPU/RAM/Disk space)
What steps (if any) have you taken to resolve the issue? (reboot, restore, disable some cameras)
Have any hardware changes been made to the PC (including the usage of peripherals USB devices etc)?

Failing any further help you could always raise a ticket with support (assuming current contract in place).

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, problem solved. Bue Iris support finally got back to me. I had to replace a camera a few weeks ago and the one I replaced it with undera CAMERA settings, then the ALERTS tab had the AUDIO box checked which I did not do as I don't use sound so I unchecked it and all is well. Thanks to those good folks here you offered help, I appreciate it! Adam

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to replace a camera a few weeks ago
Glad you got it sorted. With issues like these you really have to go back through your activities with a fine-tooth comb and ask yourself, "Did i really make no changes?"

Its funny how many things slip under the "I havent changed anything" radar. Much like me with snacks. I step on the scales and see im heavier than i was last week. "But i've been so good"... then i really think and remember, ohh yeah that bag of crisps and a yorkie i grabbed at the petrol station... the handful of coco-pops i robbed from the kids breakfast bowl :lmao:

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NOT FIXED! Hi all, I thought the issue with the Alert sound error 2147220906 was fixed but it's not. I did some study in my Blue Iris Status and now see that this alert ONLY occurs when I log in/log out with the BI app from my iPhone.. I have looked at all my settings and can not see where I have any sound enabled so perhaps if someone is familiar with where a sound would be enabled for when one logs in/out of Blue Iris with the app from an iPhone?

Would appreciate any help, I just can't can't figure it out. Picture attached. Thanks, Adam

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Check your BI global settings under users and edit each user and check to see what you have set. You must have something set wrong there. Such as a sound file thats not valid anymore .

Screenshot 2022-01-30 085956.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-30 090355.jpg

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Tinman, under "On Login" I did have a file enabled for sound which I do not need, it was the deafult sound I think, pop.wav which actually worked sometimes but not all so let's see what being disabled means. It makes sense, a BIG THANKS! Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Tinman, just an update and thanks to say that everything is working as it should thanks to you. It's people like you that make these websites great! Adam Farber