Blue iris and NAS server ?

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been using iVMS-4200 for a long time with my two HIK vision cameras where I have stored all the recordings on a NAS server.

Today I bought the full version of Blue iris and is trying to figure out how stuff works.

In Blue iris I have access to my two cameras and the live view works just fine. But how do I access the recordings on my NAS server so I can watch them in Blue iris ?

It seems to me that I can save the recordings on my C: drive or another drive, but I can't find anywhere to save/access recordings on my NAS

johz

n3wb
Reaction score
You can just type it in if my memory is correct: \\NAS\storagedir

(double backslash ofcourse before NAS, but this does not seem to work in this editor)

It is recommended that you store recordings on a local drive (but I have been storing on a NAS without problems so far)

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint.

I have always setup my cameras in the browser in the cameras own software. In there I can connect to my NAS and it have been working just fine for years, also with iVMS-4200.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint.

I have always setup my cameras in the browser in the cameras own software. In there I can connect to my NAS and it have been working just fine for years, also with iVMS-4200.
always store local.
You can record to nas but you need to properly set it up if you are running blue iris as a service. There are at least 5 threads that explain how to do this as well as instructions in the help file. ivms does not run as a service so it does not have this problem. Or you can not run blue iris as a service (its optional) but lose the benefits.
also note you will not be able to use blue iris to video you previously recorded with ivms.