Blue Iris App Sluggish

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since about 2 updates ago, my blue Iris app has been extremely sluggish. It takes quite a bit of time to display the live camera views, and even longer to load up the clip archives. Accessing the web server through Chrome on a computer is very fast, no problems when accessed that way. This happens on my network, off of my network, via wifi or cellular. I am attaching a screen shot of what I see when I open the app. It takes a while for these color bars to disappear and as soon as I scroll to other camera views the color bars return. Any suggestions?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Since about 2 updates ago, my blue Iris app has been extremely sluggish. It takes quite a bit of time to display the live camera views, and even longer to load up the clip archives. Accessing the web server through Chrome on a computer is very fast, no problems when accessed that way. This happens on my network, off of my network, via wifi or cellular. I am attaching a screen shot of what I see when I open the app. It takes a while for these color bars to disappear and as soon as I scroll to other camera views the color bars return. Any suggestions?
Are you running bittdefender? if so thats your problem.

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. I have the windows anti-virus on the machine with BI. I think it is Security Essentials?

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi rracctv,
Would you elaborate how to access the web server through Chrome?
BI on my android phone and tablet gave up after the last update. I could never connect to the server. However, it works on Iphone. Does BI start falling in love with Apple products now or what? :winktongue:

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are on your internal network, just type in the assigned ip address and port you opened for BI. Outside of it, you need your public ip or use a DDNS product to get your browser pointed to the server and log in. There are a bunch of free DDNS solutions that are out there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi rracctv,
Would you elaborate how to access the web server through Chrome?
BI on my android phone and tablet gave up after the last update. I could never connect to the server. However, it works on Iphone. Does BI start falling in love with Apple products now or what? :winktongue:
Works just fine on Android...it's an issue on your end...bitdefender is one of the culprits

skywaytp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Works just fine on Android...it's an issue on your end...bitdefender is one of the culprits
Thanks fenderman,
I don't have bitfender on my android phone, android tablet, or iphone.
Suddenly BI app stops working on all of my mobile devices. I have updated BI on PC, restarted, checked user and webserver settings but could not find anything wrong since I did not messed with the system lately. It must be the update from PC Blue Iris Software or Mobile Blue Iris App.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman,
I don't have bitfender on my android phone, android tablet, or iphone.
Suddenly BI app stops working on all of my mobile devices. I have updated BI on PC, restarted, checked user and webserver settings but could not find anything wrong since I did not messed with the system lately. It must be the update from PC Blue Iris Software or Mobile Blue Iris App.
bitdefender would be on your PC not on your mobile device...are you using bitdefender on your pc?
it is NOT the update. It works fine for the rest of us. It is something on your end.