Blue Iris...... As easy as Chinese Algebra.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're not a bot (nothing personal at all, it's just that bots often have a post count of 1), I can relate to your pain. I got mine going with CPAI a few months back, and it took a lot of fiddling. The two things that got me through were (1) Exactly following the CPAI installation instructions, and (2) Help from forum members for both BI and CPAI setup. If you're new to BI you need to be motivated to get the job done. I did get it mostly set up during the free demo period, and it was a fairly intense 2 weeks. Being done with BI, where are you going next?

MarioBoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah Bi has a learning curve. Try using a Synology device as they are easier to configure.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
So sorry I purchased this. Cant get AI to work with it and motion detection sucks no matter how I tweak it. Im done with it.
They say you have to be at least 5% smarter than the tool you are using to be successful. Lots of peeps on here who are smarter and got it working without being done with it.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I was good at system configuration years ago. I too have been frustrated at my knowledge or lack of it.

I help install Dahua nvrs and the gui for LNPR's PTzs with auto tracking can be a real pain especially if your under the gun to set up everything the customer wants...and they can also read about what things can do.

Ask for help. Be descriptive of what you need. There are some very talented guys on this forum.

Nobody knows everything. I've made a list of questions that i modify from time to time and try to work it out myself. It doesn't always go so well, but i learn something everytime.

I'm under no pressure to get BI working for a customer. I like all the unique config tools it has built in, even if i need more time to grt it just right.

mvoss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I'm happy to know my IQ is above 80. I've been running BI and CPAI for over 1 year now. I've only had 1 issue, and that was last week. Multiple power outages corrupted my DB. Had to delete and let it rebuild. Time to get a new batteries for my UPS.

I read alot, from here and the manual, while I was learning.

Michael

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^you appear to be a BOT that simply reposts whatever is in Post #2 of a thread....

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1. goto post
2. click on user identity
3. click start conversation
4. immediately click ignore
5. goto naughty step