Blue Iris Auto Start Task Scheduler XML file

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As noted in many threads you can auto start blue iris to load the GUI. You need to use task scheduler to avoid the UAC prompt or disable it. Its a bit of a wacky process.
Below I have attached xml files that can simply be imported to task scheduler for blue iris as well as blue iris tools. This will work for installations made using default locations.
You will also have to paste the shortcut below from the dropbox link in the windows startup folder. EDIT: I have changed the names of the files and uploaded them again. If you used the old files delete the task and import again.
Dropbox - schtasks.exe
If also using for BIT, then duplicate shortcut right click on it>properties>shortcut>target change the words in quotes from "Blue Iris Startup" to "Blue Iris Tools Startup". You should now have two shortcuts in your startup folder.
You can also perform all these steps manually or the shortcut part manually be following this detailed guide. Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

Attachments

Last edited:

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OMG You read my mind on this! I actually was going to post something on this subject a couple days ago!

I was looking for a way to automatically load the blue iris GUI in the event of a restart. All my machines reboot every 2 days (using task scheduler and the "Shutdown" command with the "-r" argument). The computer restarts, launches BI as a service... just doesn't load as a GUI. I resorted to using BITOOLS to solve this.

While it is true that all you need to do is double click the blue iris icon to start the GUI... most of my setups run without a keyboard and mouse (just a monitor) and everything is controlled via remote access.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OMG You read my mind on this! I actually was going to post something on this subject a couple days ago!

I was looking for a way to automatically load the blue iris GUI in the event of a restart. All my machines reboot every 2 days (using task scheduler and the "Shutdown" command with the "-r" argument). The computer restarts, launches BI as a service... just doesn't load as a GUI. I resorted to using BITOOLS to solve this.

While it is true that all you need to do is double click the blue iris icon to start the GUI... most of my setups run without a keyboard and mouse (just a monitor) and everything is controlled via remote access.
Curious as to why you do the 2 day reboot?

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Curious as to why you do the 2 day reboot?
It's just a practice of mine to reboot computer and devices (like my phone) every day or two. I feel it gives the device a 'refresh' and help to eliminate any potential memory leak problems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I made some file name changes and posted a link to the elevated shortcut you need to put in the windows startup folder for it to start on boot.