Blue Iris camera resolution with video tab

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision HD 3MP IP dome camera, model DS-2CD2132-I

I recently set up three of these cameras with Blue Iris. Two of them I can set for 1920*1080 resolution on the BI video tab, but the third one does not show that as an option and keeps defaulting to a lower resolution. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. Any suggestions would be welcome. Many thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Blue iris will default to the resolution that the camera is sending. Check the camera settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As bp posted its not a bad camera just your settings. Thanks for the screenshot BP.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
... did you check the camera settings? ...

i.e.

I did. Many times. :) On that screen the image is set for 1920x1080P but in Blue Iris it keeps defaulting to 352x240 with no 1920x1080P option available. The other two cameras (all identical) work fine and are set in BI at 1920x1080P.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like you are getting the substream instead of the main stream. To test, under stream type select the substream and see if its 352x240 and if yes change it and bi will most likely also change. So now the question would be why are you getting the substream vs the main stream....Post a shot of you bi video settings....or just delete the camera in bi an create a new one.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems like you are getting the substream instead of the main stream. To test, under stream type select the substream and see if its 352x240 and if yes change it and bi will most likely also change. So now the question would be why are you getting the substream vs the main stream....Post a shot of you bi video settings....or just delete the camera in bi an create a new one.
Spot on. I deleted the camera and re-added it. All is now well, 1920x1080P 30fps. Many thanks to all! This is a great forum.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What software did the screen shots above come from? I don't see anything like this in Blue Iris. Thanks.
Looks like the setup screen for a Hikvision camera. In any event, my Hikvision camera was set fine but something must have gotten corrupted when I initially set it up in BI. After I deleted the camera from BI and re-added it, all was good.