Blue Iris Canon VB-C10 Support

Tony Sali

n3wb
Reaction score
i'm ready to buy Blue Iris, but one canera is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Have multiple Canon ptz ip cameras, the VB-C60 works fine, but the VB-C10 doesn't no matter what I do. sent multiple emails to Blue Iris support, no reply. so before I look elsewhere, does anyone know the settings to get this camera to work. thanks, T

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i'm ready to buy Blue Iris, but one canera is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Have multiple Canon ptz ip cameras, the VB-C60 works fine, but the VB-C10 doesn't no matter what I do. sent multiple emails to Blue Iris support, no reply. so before I look elsewhere, does anyone know the settings to get this camera to work. thanks, T
How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list
That camera is really old and the resolution is terrible...a 50 dollar camera will blow it out of the water..it should not factor into your decision with respect to what vms to use

Tony Sali

n3wb
Reaction score
While I appreciate your reply, it doesn't answer the question. We have 10 of these cameras, each in a dome housing already installed, I don't believe you can get a ptz camera inside a dome housing for $50.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
While I appreciate your reply, it doesn't answer the question. We have 10 of these cameras, each in a dome housing already installed, I don't believe you can get a ptz camera inside a dome housing for $50.
that is because you failed to follow the link i provided.
you dont need a ptz if you use a 2mp camera...it will give you full time view of the entire room at a much higher pixel density than your "ptz" camera...all ten of these junk low res cameras should be replaced...follow the link, find the rtsp stream and go from there..blue iris can pull any rtsp stream...
or you can spend money on another vms at 50-150 per camera...that doesnt make lots of sense.