Blue Iris : Clips not updating & exporting video without date/time

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I'm running Blue Iris V4.0 on our PC and using the IOS app to view cameras during the day. I've searched through the online help, but have been unable to find information relating to these. Apologies if I've missed something - I hope I'm not asking too many daft questions

The first question relates to viewing the clips from the previous evening. When I go to our PC first thing in the morning it doesn't show any clips from the night before so I close down and restart BI and there they are. They appear fine during the rest of the day. This has now happened for the last few mornings we've been running this software since we installed it a couple of days ago. Is there a refresh button or setup I need to set or is restarting the best option?

Secondly, is it possible to export videos without the date and time stamped on them? I've found where I can add overlay text, times, etc. We mainly use our cameras to watch wildlife in our garden and then we sometimes collate clips together to create a video for YouTube, so do not really want to have the date and time displayed at this point. We would like to retain it on the live feeds and originally captured videos. Am I asking too much?!

Thanks in advance for your help! x

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You likely simply have to move the slider up...or resort.
if you are recording direct to disc it will not export with the graphic overlay and you will lower cpu consumption significantly..you can add the time back when exporting if you record to bvr format.

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for such a quick response. I'm sure I did have the slider at the top, but will double check this in the morning.

With regard to exporting direct to disk, I had misread the help information thinking that it would be very cpu intensive. I'll take another look and give it a go. Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for such a quick response. I'm sure I did have the slider at the top, but will double check this in the morning.

With regard to exporting direct to disk, I had misread the help information thinking that it would be very cpu intensive. I'll take another look and give it a go. Thanks again.
to clarify, its not exporting direct to disk...you set it to RECORD direct to disk in the record tab>file format.

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. Should I keep 'file (container) format' set to Blue Iris DVR?

Also, is there an area to set the recording levels to maximise the picture quality? We have a combination of 720 and 1080 cameras. On Video Tab, the Image Format is set to "384616 [26.00 fps]", but I don't really know what that means :confused:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. Should I keep 'file (container) format' set to Blue Iris DVR?

Also, is there an area to set the recording levels to maximise the picture quality? We have a combination of 720 and 1080 cameras. On Video Tab, the Image Format is set to "384616 [26.00 fps]", but I don't really know what that means :confused:
yes leave it on blue iris dvr.
the image quality is set in the camera, blue iris has no control over that.

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes leave it on blue iris dvr.
the image quality is set in the camera, blue iris has no control over that.
Thanks. Just one more question. On my previous setup (before BI) I had to trawl through hours and hours of footage to see if we had any nocturnal visitors from each camera every morning. Now with BI I can set up alerts, which is great. I have the motion sensor configured to More (the furthest left) as I want to capture the wildlife (rather than people) and this seemed the best way to get the cameras to react through an alert. I'm assuming that if I want to use the system in this way it does mean that I will just have to put up with regular alerts when the weather is bad (like it's foggy at the moment) and causes constant alarms or manually Pause or reduce the sensitivity. I'm OK with that but wanted to check that I'm not missing anything?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just one more question. On my previous setup (before BI) I had to trawl through hours and hours of footage to see if we had any nocturnal visitors from each camera every morning. Now with BI I can set up alerts, which is great. I have the motion sensor configured to More (the furthest left) as I want to capture the wildlife (rather than people) and this seemed the best way to get the cameras to react through an alert. I'm assuming that if I want to use the system in this way it does mean that I will just have to put up with regular alerts when the weather is bad (like it's foggy at the moment) and causes constant alarms or manually Pause or reduce the sensitivity. I'm OK with that but wanted to check that I'm not missing anything?
There are lots of options in the motion settings to fine tune...zone crossing, object size, make time, etc...
Also you can easily scrub the timeline to see if there is any action..

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are lots of options in the motion settings to fine tune...zone crossing, object size, make time, etc...
Also you can easily scrub the timeline to see if there is any action..
Thanks. I'll have a play.