Blue Iris common issues

JHooK

n3wb
Reaction score
What are the common issues with BlueIris?
The one I use is 4.0.0.23

JHooK

n3wb
Reaction score
What issues are you having? if none leave it at that version...if you are having problems update to the latest.
I'm talking about the general case, what kind of problems can occur during exploitation, every kind of problems

JHooK

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, maybe I do not expose my thoughts correctly,

Every software during exploitation can cause some problems exampe: sensitive to network bandwidth, because of not enough CPU resources can shoutdown or can have some drawbacks for instance does not support all the IP cameras brands etc. etc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The biggest issue with blue iris is that it uses lots of cpu with high megapixel cameras...so you need a solid system if you are running many cams..otherwise its superb, very flexible and ultra cheap.

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
for instance does not support all the IP cameras brands etc. etc.
I believe it supports just about any camera with right patience. If you don't see your camera listed, I would try the generic RTSP, MJPEG, etc. profiles and customize them to your setup. Development is active so I'm sure additional cameras will be supported in the future. If you're technical it's worth your time. If you want to get up and running with as least tweaking as possible, go the NVR route. It would be designed to handle what you want to use with it as well which has it's pros and cons.