Blue Iris - Computer Crashing?!

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have just recently installed Blue Iris on my machine for a surveillance system and I cannot seem to get this issue resolved. I have gone through all the help forums I can find, and had no luck. I can be on this machine pretty much doing anything I want for hours on end, but as soon as I open the BI software, about 20 seconds later the machine will crash and reboot.

I have updated all my drivers, Lenovo & Intel. I was seeing memory leakage, but the driver update fixed that issue. I reinstalled a fresh MS, and re-downloaded BI - still crashing. Leaning toward a PSU now??

Any help is appreciated!!

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you getting the BSOD? If so, what does it say?

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It will be helpful to know the details about the PC. Exact processor model etc. Most common problem is the memory leak issue due to intel video driver.

Let's start with te details about your system.

Reaction score
It will be helpful to know the details about the PC. Exact processor model etc. Most common problem is the memory leak issue due to intel video driver.

Let's start with te details about your system.
The system is a 2016 Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p High Performance Small Factor Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5 CPU up to 3.6GHz., 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD, Windows 10 Professional, also have a 2TB WD Purple HDD attached.

Do not believe now that the problem is related to BI. Think it was just coincidence. Even now, without doing anything on the machine, the screen will blip, and it will reboot. I happened to catch the screen when it happened.

Attachments

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I'd open it up and re-seat all the connectors but may need to call Lenovo support, ultimately.

Good luck!

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like when a load hits the processor or power supply the machine balks for some reason. Hope you find an easy solution, that really sucks.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This may be a long shot, but a few months ago, Intel published some patches to correct the security issue in their processors, the original patch was defective and known to cause spontaneous reboots.
The patches were eventually rolled back and new ones published.
You may want to check and see if your system got patched with the older defective patches.