Blue iris constantly crashing

Reaction score
So I ended up reinstalling windows 10 again, this time 'the correct way'. Meaning I had the PC boot up directly to the USB drive and run the install. I even deleted the partitions and reformatted the HD while I was there, because I figured why not, I wasn't going to do that after I installed W10.

Then I installed BI 5 and got all my cameras setup etc.

Definitely running better, but I'm still typically over 50% CPU usage. I'm not hitting 90+% anymore, and my PC isn't locking up, but I still think the CPU usage is too high. But I'm happy with it not locking up the PC anymore.

I did all the tips to minimize CPU usage (lowered FPS in camera's, limited FPS in BI, direct to disc, etc.).

Reaction score
Excluded all BI folders from any antivirus?
Missed that one! I'll do that tonight. Thanks!

Also, forgot to mention in earlier post, I'm using a couple Wyze Cams over RTSP, in addition to my traditional IP cams. I am unable to adjust the frame rate on the Wyze cams, so it's possible they are adding to the issues.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Don’t forget to turn off indexing which normally runs in the background, long term it may not matter but right now it will eat CPU time as it scans. Also definitely turn off indexing on the drives where you BI clips are stored.

Reaction score
Don’t forget to turn off indexing which normally runs in the background, long term it may not matter but right now it will eat CPU time as it scans. Also definitely turn off indexing on the drives where you BI clips are stored.
Thanks for the info.
I'm assuming the indexing you are referring to is windows indexing, not a BI setting?

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Correct. Assuming you have a hard drive dedicated to BI, right click on the drive and turn off indexing. On the popup after you hit ok, make sure you select the option with subfolders. The below are generic pictures off the net, not my setup:
1573074901039.png
1573074913468.png

Reaction score
Correct. Assuming you have a hard drive dedicated to BI, right click on the drive and turn off indexing. On the popup after you hit ok, make sure you select the option with subfolders. The below are generic pictures off the net, not my setup:
View attachment 50228
View attachment 50229
Awesome. Thanks for the info.
I do not have a separate drive for BI files, so I'll just do this at the BI folder level.

Or I could do it for the C drive, the PC is use is only used for BI, so would it matter if I turned off indexing completely?