BLUE IRIS controlled on two computers

Ekki

n3wb
Reaction score
As I wanted two view my cameras on two different places (one place for day, one for night),
I looked for buying another license.

But before doing this, I looked into the help file and found out not to do this.
So I copied, as written, the license key to an other computer here.
Entered my key and everything was running other their.
Next day I had the prob that my first computer displayed only a trial version,
but after reentering the key BI is now running on both computers fine.

As BI is a very good program, it would be normal to pay for a second version for
another computer, I think.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can get the second license for 30 dollars..email support...but you don't need it... simply view the cameras via the webserver..

Ekki

n3wb
Reaction score
You can get the second license for 30 dollars..email support...but you don't need it... simply view the cameras via the webserver..
Ok, so I was going wrong by using the same registration on a second pc, I think.
May be my english is not on top. The last 20 or more years I seldom had the chance
for talking english. Sorry (lol)

Where can I get that second license ?

Iama

n3wb
Reaction score
ditto:
I run one PC as my server, and have 3-5 other PC's log into it on varying basis.
However, I AM contemplating another BI license for another PC because it will run a completely different camera system (internal, as opposed to external/public). Although I *could* run the BI with different users/groups and on a VLAN, I recently found that I can't run enough cameras on one Core i5 PC, but really need to run another.
[Edit:] I really shouldn't say, "contemplating" another BI purchase. The few $'s they ask is worth it to me to support them and not pirate the software (even to myself)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so I was going wrong by using the same registration on a second pc, I think.
May be my english is not on top. The last 20 or more years I seldom had the chance
for talking english. Sorry (lol)

Where can I get that second license ?
The registration is only valid for one pc. Email support with your current license key and they will give you a coupon code...You dont need a second license..it will just complicate things..use the browser for live view

Reaction score
use the browser for live view
using IE, and the the activex version of the web viewer, is much nicer than the java/jpeg viewer one. Also, you can control playback on the recordings as well!

I was actaully talking to a buddy of mine, and I was saying how it would be nice to have a "remote desktop" program, that you can use to connect to the BI server... rather than use the bulky IE browser.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
using IE, and the the activex version of the web viewer, is much nicer than the java/jpeg viewer one. Also, you can control playback on the recordings as well!

I was actaully talking to a buddy of mine, and I was saying how it would be nice to have a "remote desktop" program, that you can use to connect to the BI server... rather than use the bulky IE browser.
Eventually there will be a full client application...

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Eventually there will be a full client application...
Is there any idea on time scale? I've asked Ken about this a while back and he said it was in the pipeline.

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ah crap, i just licensed my second one too not realizing there was discounted pricing. You can technically run the key on 2 machines you just cant update the software, that's when it starts the eval mode thing. i ran into this a few times during the testing phase of the second one.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can technically run the key on 2 machines you just cant update the software, that's when it starts the eval mode thing. i ran into this a few times during the testing phase of the second one.
Right. I think this is just a loophole in the activation logic. When transferring the license to a new machine, I guess the developer didn't want to force people to deactivate the previous installation before allowing them to activate a new one. Obviously it isn't intended for you to be able to run two BI copies on the same license because it does automatically deactivate the older copy as soon as it can. I'm sure this logic also helps reduce the support emails when people lose one BI activation due to a PC glitch, disk failure, or Windows 10 1511 update, as it lets them activate one more time before they have to contact the developer to reset the license key.

Ekki

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to all as you answered my question. I just bought a second full licence to be safe and fair.
(In Germany, because it`s cheaper with the same (German) support.
But, what I don`t understand .....
On "blueiris.com" the update page says: If you want to update, you have to get (buy) a new licence ???

The other thing ....
Is there a forum, where somebody wrote about wiring the 12 Volt AND the signal with one cable 45.
I will do this the next weekend by things I bought some months ago.

Another, another thing .....
Cause I´m computing for round about 45 years (wow I´m old, I think) I thought about how to update to 4.4.3.2.
As you wrote, the computer did not want to do. Stopped during downloading. Got no further.
But 45 years.....

No need for this, by having 2 licence. But before activating the second one , I`d to try.
Not only a loophole.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The new license requirement you are referring to is going from version 3 to version 4.

Ekki

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a second licence, `cause I´m working in the mainhouse and I`m sleeping in a smaller one the ground. So I´ve to register alarm sound, a live view would`t play, I think.
And, if there is an alert, to follow.

It`s years ago, but 4 break-ins within 4 months were too much and is lasting.

Ekki

n3wb
Reaction score
But, as you see my post, the update function can be fooled. By the reaction on this this window, I can see you are watching.
Delete this as you want.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But, as you see my post, the update function can be fooled. By the reaction on this this window, I can see you are watching.
Delete this as you want.
It will eventually know that you are running it on two systems and one will revert back...

Ekki

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the time each camera and process needs is a problem.
So I only have switches with intelligent management, doing the work.
Cables with high Mhz frequenz.
Nothing like 5e.
See within the internet the frequences, cable do.
If you buy cables in your market they are up to ten times exspensive then others.
I get an 7-one by 10-15 Euros for 20 metres by internet.
For me the frequence (Mhz) is the solution.

I`ve 4 switches (my first install) 14 cameras running, no prob at all by viewing all cameras.
13% of cpu about 500-600 MB on using ram

Also 5 computers running