Blue Iris crashes once a day

eggcited

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, anyone have any ideas why BI keeps shutting down? Here is the error in event viewer. It happens roughly once a day at random. All cameras are set to H.264 at 15fps with sub streams turned off. Hardware acceleration is set Intel.

1656565102570.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the CPU%?

Have you optimized BI using the wiki?

Turn off Hardware Acceleration. It has been been problematic for many people since DeepStack was introduced. Further with the use of substreams, the CPU% needed to offload the video to the GPU is more than the CPU% savings seen by offloading.

eggcited

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks I reverted back.
I had done most of those things in the wiki before but I just went through and checked off a couple more things. Running as a service seems to be the biggest thing I need.
I was using the stable version before which is why I started to try the latest. My cpu is a 10th gen i5 so H.265 should have worked anyways with acceleration? I tried Intel + VPP, Intel, and finally none with H.264 but still crashed (though on the beta version). With no acceleration, CPU was 95-100% and now using Intel, it is back to 50-60%.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have something wrong with the system.

The gen number and whether HA works is irrelevant - the fact is many are running into problems with HA at some update version and running it provides no savings.

You must not be running substreams as a 10th generation should not be that high....

What version windows and how many cameras. Post a screenshot of you camera status page.