Blue Iris / Dahua ip login settings ..

NGL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still playing with the setup and had a few questions:

1. Does the Blue Iris program need to be running all the time to work? (Have to have program open?)

2. I like the WDR setting in the dahua camera IP address login but do not want it set for WDR during the day.. in order to do this .. do i go into the Dahua settings and set a schedule for day and night then adjust each setting (day/night) as I want them (IE different saturation, brightnesss, WDR on/off, etc)..

or

Is there somewhere in Blue Iris to do this? I have read the help files so if it is in Blue Iris I can not find it..

Thank you.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are issues with setting profiles in Dahua firmware. Hit the link in my signature, as this is addressed in that post.

I'm sure someone that knows will address the BI portion of the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

1. Does the Blue Iris program need to be running all the time to work? (Have to have program open?)

2. I like the WDR setting in the dahua camera IP address login but do not want it set for WDR during the day.. in order to do this .. do i go into the Dahua settings and set a schedule for day and night then adjust each setting (day/night) as I want them (IE different saturation, brightnesss, WDR on/off, etc)..

or

Is there somewhere in Blue Iris to do this? I have read the help files so if it is in Blue Iris I can not find it..

Thank you.
1-Yes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

or

Thank you.
The program needs to be running, but it can be running in the background as a service...you should dedicate a machine to blue iris...that will guarantee stability..
in blue iris you can trigger changes to brightness and gain via camera properties>schedule >event...but it does not directly toggle wdr...on some cameras, ir on/off actually changes the day night mode..test and see...you can email support and ask for wdr to be added to the event schedule..