Blue Iris + Deepstack assistance

exx1976

n3wb
Reaction score
Face recognition with deepstack is less than worthless. But you know better. You have used deepstack and BI for two days. You will not achieve your goals.
I'm uncertain if you are being sarcastic or sincere...

exx1976

n3wb
Reaction score
What part of my response makes you think that I'm being sarcastic. It won't work you're wasting your time.
OK, serious it is then.

Do you have any other recommendations on software to use for facial recognition then if not bi/DS?

randylight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been having issues with the video quality. While the recording is playing, it gets very grainy/pixelated and unclear, but if I pause the video it resolves into a clear image. I've tried H.264 and H.265 but they both act the same way. Would anyone have an idea of why the video would act this way? When I was using H.265 the video would start out fairly clear and then progressively get more pixelated in about a 10-second timeframe and all of a sudden it would resolve and get clear. That cycle would continue indefinitely.

What am I doing wrong?

exx1976

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been having issues with the video quality. While the recording is playing, it gets very grainy/pixelated and unclear, but if I pause the video it resolves into a clear image. I've tried H.264 and H.265 but they both act the same way. Would anyone have an idea of why the video would act this way? When I was using H.265 the video would start out fairly clear and then progressively get more pixelated in about a 10-second timeframe and all of a sudden it would resolve and get clear. That cycle would continue indefinitely.

What am I doing wrong?
For starters, you're hijacking a thread on a topic not even remotely related...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

What am I doing wrong?
Make sure you do not have any smart codec on like the +

Most have found H264 is better and the savings using H265 isn't there in reality.

But there are a ton of potential issues and more info would be needed - type of processor (i number and CPU gen), amount of RAM, camera models, do you have a GPU, are your cameras data being passed through a router, is this thru the app, UI3, RDP, or the main console, etc. Any of those can impact what is happening. A video sample would be useful as well. Could it be your playback going back and forth between substream and mainstream for example.

But yeah, since this isn't DeepStack or Facial Recognition related and is a totally separate issue than the original OP, it probably is best to either find a thread that is more inline with a similar issue (which we have a ton of threads similar in nature) or start a new thread so that you have the best chance of someone having a suggestion.

randylight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make sure you do not have any smart codec on like the +

Most have found H264 is better and the savings using H265 isn't there in reality.

But there are a ton of potential issues and more info would be needed - type of processor (i number and CPU gen), amount of RAM, camera models, do you have a GPU, are your cameras data being passed through a router, is this thru the app, UI3, RDP, or the main console, etc. Any of those can impact what is happening. A video sample would be useful as well. Could it be your playback going back and forth between substream and mainstream for example.

But yeah, since this isn't DeepStack or Facial Recognition related and is a totally separate issue than the original OP, it probably is best to either find a thread that is more inline with a similar issue (which we have a ton of threads similar in nature) or start a new thread so that you have the best chance of someone having a suggestion.
Thank you for actually providing helpful information and pushing me in the right direction. My apologies for posting on an incorrect thread.

My hardware is fairly new, 11700k, 32GB ram, new Amcrest cameras, etc. I'll take this to another thread.