Blue Iris/Deepstack not detecting motion at night

chunk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So update on the non motion detection at night issue:

I did fix it as I mentioned before. I have however switched to using only BI motion detection at night. Deep stack is timing out on all alerts at night…! I think it’s because my computer is just too old for these cameras. I’ll build a cheap rig with a gpu soon to overcome this as I’ll be adding at least three more cameras. 1 outside and 2 inside.

what do you guys think could be the reason why deepstack would be timing out on the night schedule using dark.pt model? It doesn’t do that during the day.

Update on situation with the stalker/creep:

The captain of the sherrifs office finally called me and told me the suspects name and address. I found his Facebook. This guy is totally insane. The posts between Feb 23-Feb 26 about Martha hunt and “night recon” is mostly about my house and my wife. But he also was looking in windows at two other neighbors houses and sitting on their porches by windows. He was doing that because he believed there was a model inside and he wanted to be close to the model for a while so they would get used to him being near them and come outside to meet him eventually.

I highly recommend you don’t spend too much time or any time on this drivel he wrote, but if you want to see, here’s the profile Aaron Lathers

He thinks my wife is martha hunt and she wants to be with him or something. He’s been creeping us since I moved in last year. He has tested our door knobs frequently and believes if they are unlocked he is being “granted entry” into our house… He made posts about rape and abduction as well as sexual slavery on the days he was trying to get into our house in the middle of the night.

I secured two misdemeanor trespassing charges on him, and a restraining order.

Sherrifs office got an emergency custody order for mental health reasons and put him in the local state psychiatric hospital. I do not believe that he will be back anytime soon. Hopefully his elderly parents he lives with (he’s 45 years old) won’t allow him back and disturb the peace of this place anymore. We are way out in the country of the Alleghenies and don’t need this garbage here. No one does.

He will likely beat the trespassing charges with a plea of “not guilty by reason of insanity.” And I believe he was truly insane at the time. But that will also land him in the mental hospital until the hospital deems him fit for release. That will probably be years since the tax payers pay for that and the hospitals milk it. I guess that’s not a bad option in this case to keep him from acting on his perverse fantasies and delusions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So update on the non motion detection at night issue:

I did fix it as I mentioned before. I have however switched to using only BI motion detection at night. Deep stack is timing out on all alerts at night…! I think it’s because my computer is just too old for these cameras. I’ll build a cheap rig with a gpu soon to overcome this as I’ll be adding at least three more cameras. 1 outside and 2 inside.

what do you guys think could be the reason why deepstack would be timing out on the night schedule using dark.pt model? It doesn’t do that during the day.

Update on situation with the stalker/creep:

The captain of the sherrifs office finally called me and told me the suspects name and address. I found his Facebook. This guy is totally insane. The posts between Feb 23-Feb 26 about Martha hunt and “night recon” is mostly about my house and my wife. But he also was looking in windows at two other neighbors houses and sitting on their porches by windows. He was doing that because he believed there was a model inside and he wanted to be close to the model for a while so they would get used to him being near them and come outside to meet him eventually.

I highly recommend you don’t spend too much time or any time on this drivel he wrote, but if you want to see, here’s the profile Aaron Lathers

He thinks my wife is martha hunt and she wants to be with him or something. He’s been creeping us since I moved in last year. He has tested our door knobs frequently and believes if they are unlocked he is being “granted entry” into our house… He made posts about rape and abduction as well as sexual slavery on the days he was trying to get into our house in the middle of the night.

I secured two misdemeanor trespassing charges on him, and a restraining order.

Sherrifs office got an emergency custody order for mental health reasons and put him in the local state psychiatric hospital. I do not believe that he will be back anytime soon. Hopefully his elderly parents he lives with (he’s 45 years old) won’t allow him back and disturb the peace of this place anymore. We are way out in the country of the Alleghenies and don’t need this garbage here. No one does.

He will likely beat the trespassing charges with a plea of “not guilty by reason of insanity.” And I believe he was truly insane at the time. But that will also land him in the mental hospital until the hospital deems him fit for release. That will probably be years since the tax payers pay for that and the hospitals milk it. I guess that’s not a bad option in this case to keep him from acting on his perverse fantasies and delusions.
I thought about making a martha hunt ID to screw with him but he types in all caps so that shows he is really crazy

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WOW that is some crazy stuff!

Did you turn off the default model at night and just run the dark? Running both could be the reason for the timeout.

chunk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought about making a martha hunt ID to screw with him but he types in all caps so that shows he is really crazy
I tried to get my wife to call western state psychiatric hospital and tell them to tell him to call Martha at my phone number. she wouldn’t do it. :rofl:

they won’t tell you if someone is in there because of HIPPA privacy laws, but they will pass a phone number to the patient for them to call you.

shucks.

chunk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WOW that is some crazy stuff!

Did you turn off the default model at night and just run the dark? Running both could be the reason for the timeout.
only dark.pt was set to run on the night profile, which is set to turn on relative to sundown in the schedule. I set it all up just like @sebastiantombs showed in his screenshots.

chunk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try taking down the number of real time images. Depending on your field of view, you may only need a few.
I will give it a shot. All of my cameras have a very large field of view, in comparison to the set up I had at my old postage stamp yard house in Virginia Beach. Thank you!