Blue Iris desktop client

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like to run BlueIris on a dedicated server without attached screen and connect to it via LAN from a desktop computer to monitor and manage the cameras.

I am aware of connection methods like android/ios apps and the built in web server but none of these have the same functionality and picture quality as the full client.

I have also tested the software via remote desktop connection but the stability, picture quality, refresh rate is not sufficient.

I’ve found this hacked solution:
BlueIris software as a "client viewer"

But this seems to be very far from the perfect solution.

Has anyone a better method to use BI as a desktop client?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to run BlueIris on a dedicated server without attached screen and connect to it via LAN from a desktop computer to monitor and manage the cameras.

I am aware of connection methods like android/ios apps and the built in web server but none of these have the same functionality and picture quality as the full client.

I have also tested the software via remote desktop connection but the stability, picture quality, refresh rate is not sufficient.

I’ve found this hacked solution:
BlueIris software as a "client viewer"

But this seems to be very far from the perfect solution.

Has anyone a better method to use BI as a desktop client?
Remote desktop works...you need to set it to unlimited in bi otherwise bi limits frame rates...if you want a client look at another vms...

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 16 channel Aten KVM but it is not suitable for these kind of usage.
Latency is too big, the connection is not enough stable, picture quality is not good enough...

What about KVM over IP solutions? Can cost starting $350, though. Lantronix ==>> here.

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have tried remote desktop with this setting in BI: Camears / Video during Remote Desktop / Unrestricted.
Yes, remote desktop works but with 32 cams on two 43" monitors it isn't a real solution...
Which other vms would you suggest?
I would like to setup 32 x 2Mp Dahua Starlight cams @ 30fps (yes I know I do not need 30 fps :smash:)

Remote desktop works...you need to set it to unlimited in bi otherwise bi limits frame rates...if you want a client look at another vms...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried remote desktop with this setting in BI: Camears / Video during Remote Desktop / Unrestricted.
Yes, remote desktop works but with 32 cams on two 43" monitors it isn't a real solution...
Which other vms would you suggest?
I would like to setup 32 x 2Mp Dahua Starlight cams @ 30fps (yes I know I do not need 30 fps :smash:)
Look at digital watchdog, avigilon, milestone... get ready to pay...and yes 30fps is dumb.... you'll learn eventually...

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have played already one day with BI and I kind of like it especially checking the prices of other VMS solutions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have played already one day with BI and I kind of like it especially checking the prices of other VMS solutions.
Exactly...you'll have to deal with it...he promised a client 3 years ago.... you can email support and ask...