blue iris external access ip address

woodman

n3wb
Reaction score
All of a sudden my copy of blue iris external has become a strange address ie 127.0.***
and I cannot make any changes to this default address
Anyone know where this could be updated or changed to the computer ip address

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All of a sudden my copy of blue iris external has become a strange address ie 127.0.***
and I cannot make any changes to this default address
Anyone know where this could be updated or changed to the computer ip address
That address is for informational purposes...it cannot be changed...does the pc have internet access? reboot the pc and router.

woodman

n3wb
Reaction score
It was different before and i used that address to get into i the cameras remotely , now its hit and miss using the pic IP address
Al;l of a sudden i am having access issues, the address and port are defined in the router

woodman

n3wb
Reaction score
so where does the external access ip address show up
Everything was working good and all of a sudden this external address of 127.0.0.1 shows up

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so where does the external access ip address show up
Everything was working good and all of a sudden this external address of 127.0.0.1 shows up
You have a network issue... Reboot router and PC...

woodman

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry I forgot the router has been rebooted computer has been rebooted many times.
Re-loaded blue iris on 2 different computers no change
I still have that strange address and difficulty getting external access which I did not before
using the web user ip address that was shown

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry I forgot the router has been rebooted computer has been rebooted many times.
Re-loaded blue iris on 2 different computers no change
I still have that strange address and difficulty getting external access which I did not before
using the web user ip address that was shown
Its not a blue iris issue..there is something going on with the pc/network...open the command prompt and type ipconfig /all and post the results. Does the pc have access to the internet? can you view this website from the blue iris pc?

woodman

n3wb
Reaction score
I might have solved my access problem, will know when I am away at xmas...through ip leak I found the second external ip address and tried it and it works fine...thanks
for the support