Blue Iris full screen issues camera no longer enlarges on double click

evnldr

n3wb
Reaction score
I cant get full screen mode. If I double click on a camera it no longer does anything, It used to go full screen. I don't recall changing anything.

Thanks,

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe this occurred with a recent update. You can still double click to get to full screen, but you must have autocycle turned off. Otherwise double clicking only toggles maximized frame on and off.

evnldr

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe this occurred with a recent update. You can still double click to get to full screen, but you must have autocycle turned off. Otherwise double clicking only toggles maximized frame on and off.
It don't do nothing.

Double click on a camera has zero effect.

:(

I think I need a faster pc now too . Ugg

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's not optimal for sure but when autocycle is on and your display is set to full screen, right click and uncheck maximize frame. Now you should be able to double click a camera and your display will toggle between full screen and non-full screen. Now if you want to view a camera window full screen, uncheck autocycle and double click.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Just upgraded from 4 to 5 and double clicking camera no longer moves it from my my side monitor to the main monitor. I don't have maximize or auto cycle enabled. There's a new setting in cameras called "double-click". When I set it to "open desktop window" it makes no difference. Double clicking still does nothing.

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having this issue too, last month or so. Double-clicking a camera does nothing. I've tried reverting back several months to old Blue Iris versions, but the problem actually gets worse (the August Blue Iris version now "fails to load camera list"). Additionally, none of my alerts / recordings are showing up on the left; it's completely empty. This is all using UI3 by the way. I haven't changed anything on the router end or messed with any Blue Iris settings in quite a while. I tried in MS Edge and in Chrome, as well as Chrome for iOS; all doing the same thing.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having this issue too, last month or so. Double-clicking a camera does nothing. I've tried reverting back several months to old Blue Iris versions, but the problem actually gets worse (the August Blue Iris version now "fails to load camera list"). Additionally, none of my alerts / recordings are showing up on the left; it's completely empty. This is all using UI3 by the way. I haven't changed anything on the router end or messed with any Blue Iris settings in quite a while. I tried in MS Edge and in Chrome, as well as Chrome for iOS; all doing the same thing.
That is very puzzling. I created UI3 and I I don't have any good guesses about what might be broken. My only guess is that the user account you accessed UI3 with is corrupted and has no access to any cameras.

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
On a more recent version of Blue Iris (5.5.1.20), the initial UI with all the cameras looks fine, with the exception of no alerts on the left. All the cameras are visible and are updating live. However, clicking a camera now produces a red error in the bottom right, "Server is unavailable", and the spinning-circle "wait" logo appears in the middle of the screen. Everything completely freezes at this point. Doing it in Chrome, Edge, and on mobile. I'm mystified too. I ran the access wizard again, and all the tests are coming up with green checkmarks. Nothing seems amiss accessing Blue Iris through the console client. No web server settings have been changed, and nothing seems amiss in there.

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
I also tested UI3 with my admin account. Same behavior. Nothing has been changed in the User profiles.

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder if this is something my router is clamping down on. The port is open (otherwise I wouldn't get anything at all), but I wonder if some router firewall rule is triggering on single camera views / alerts / recordings?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Firewalls don't normally pay attention to what is in the communication beyond the IP addresses and port numbers.

Are you using any kind of proxy server when you access Blue Iris's web server?

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Some more info that might be of help:

-- As a regular user with only view privileges, clicking a camera does nothing
-- With admin privileges, clicking a camera results in a spinning-wheel icon, "Unable to connect to server" error message, and frozen UI
-- looking in Google Chrome console, I see some errors:
1) A long series of "Camera label renderer could not find camera 'Cam7'" (and all other cameras), where "Cam7" is the valid camera short name
2) "Refused to apply style from '' because its MIME type ('') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled."
3) "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)"
4) "The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page. Autoplay policy in Chrome - Chrome Developers"

Hope one of these jogs an "aha!" moment.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Error #1 is not really unexpected given your other issues (assuming you have enabled camera labels in UI3).

Error #2 is interesting because the request for ui3-local-overrides.css is supposed to return 404 unless you created that file yourself. Did you?

There also should have been a 404 error for ui3-local-overrides.js. Is that what Error #3 is about?

Error #4 about audio context is normal when audio is unmuted in UI3.

I am suspicious that UI3 files may be corrupted somehow, although it is unlikely because whenever you install a Blue Iris patch, it is supposed to re-extract all of UI3. At this point I would suggest you go to your Blue Iris 5/www folder and delete the ui3 subfolder. This will get rid of any local overrides files you may have somehow obtained. Then download the latest UI3 release from here and extract it into the www folder, overwriting all files when prompted.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Two more things that could help:

1. Clear the browser cache to make sure no corrupted UI3 files are loading from cache.
2. Try opening UI3 in an incognito window. This will ensure you get all default settings and no browser addons.

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Error #2 is interesting because the request for ui3-local-overrides.css is supposed to return 404 unless you created that file yourself. Did you?
Nope. I went into the www/ui3 folder and there's no ui3-local-overrides.css file.

There also should have been a 404 error for ui3-local-overrides.js. Is that what Error #3 is about?
Yes.

I am suspicious that UI3 files may be corrupted somehow, although it is unlikely because whenever you install a Blue Iris patch, it is supposed to re-extract all of UI3. At this point I would suggest you go to your Blue Iris 5/www folder and delete the ui3 subfolder. This will get rid of any local overrides files you may have somehow obtained. Then download the latest UI3 release from here and extract it into the www folder, overwriting all files when prompted.
Will do that right now; thanks for your assistance!

FoulFoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Bleh... I figured it out. All the cameras had their "Webcast" feature disabled. No idea how it happened, but that was the whole problem. For some reason this didn't prevent the main UI screen from functioning (with all the cameras displayed), but my guess is that UI3 switches to a direct camera webcast instead of the compiled camera image.

Sorry for the dummy question, and thanks a million for helping me troubleshoot!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is true, UI3 does switch to a direct webcast of the single camera. It sounds like the option to disable webcasting for a camera is pretty broken if it still allows the cams to be seen in group streams. Anyway I will see about making sure UI3 does not try to open cameras that have webcasting disabled. That should at least prevent the error message spam!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've released UI3-185 which makes UI3 do a better job of handling cameras with webcasting disabled. If you use an admin account, UI3 will even put this symbol 1637019907572.png in the corner of each camera that has webcasting disabled. Non-admin accounts won't see that symbol because in that case UI3 will not know those cameras exist.