Blue Iris Geofence/Profile Change Issue

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using the geofencing feature of the iOS app and I've been nothing but happy. However, I had an issue this morning.

While still in bed, phone not in low power mode and charged, I woke up to an alert. I have two profiles: Home, Away. So the phone was obviously still inside the fence and yet at 7:25am BI set itself to Away. Log entry as follows:

3/21/2018 7:25:40AM App Current profile: Away

I have a 100m geofence area and also checked within BI and confirmed the phone was still inside the fence. What could have caused this? I'm less concerned about getting notifications while I am home and more concerned about it switching itself to "Home" when I'm actually away.

Thanks,

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nevermind, it was my issue that the help file wasn't exactly clear about.

Geofence inside option was set to "temp" --- Home. So after the 480 min, 8 hours, was up it set itself back to away. I've since made modifications to prevent that from happening again. It just goes back to schedule after 10 minutes.

So, that brings me to the question of the options when setting an exit fence profile. Run, Temp, Hold. Which option should I be using in conjunction with the profile "Away". Hold or Run?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nevermind, it was my issue that the help file wasn't exactly clear about.

Geofence inside option was set to "temp" --- Home. So after the 480 min, 8 hours, was up it set itself back to away. I've since made modifications to prevent that from happening again. It just goes back to schedule after 10 minutes.

So, that brings me to the question of the options when setting an exit fence profile. Run, Temp, Hold. Which option should I be using in conjunction with the profile "Away". Hold or Run?
hold...run would resume your regularly scheduled profiles

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I actually did this. On entry I set it to a temp profile which temp seeing was for 10 mins then it defaults back to schedule. This way if I go in and out I'm not getting alerts about it.

Thanks again for the clarification.