Blue Iris going off and on at random

restez

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently I am using the newest blue iris system and I want to say I really like it however lately it has been very erratic. It goes off and all my cameras will say No Signal Error:8000274c(timeout;check IP address and port) O. If I open the IP Camera tool it won’t have anything there just like there were no power to the camera’s or something. Then if I check it maybe a few hours later everything is working normal again. All the cameras are listed and everything is working normal with all my camera’s again. I do not have my cameras on internet so that I can watch them from a remote site or other computer so I know that is not the problem but use them as an in house security system. This has become very annoying as sometimes they are off for hours, missing whole days and then the next time I check everything is working normal again. Right now they are off again and have been for 7 hours making this security system virtuously worthless. Please advise as to what is wrong or if it is a glitch you guys are working on. I have checked all my settings and everything is correct I think. It is very erratic so I cannot pinpoint anything here
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@restez Welcome to the forum. Understand that this is a user forum so no one here is working on any solution. The issue is likely with your cameras, network or settings. This kind of problem is common with low end cameras like foscam, particularity when used over wifi. What cameras are you using? How are they connected?
Your issue points to a network problem because the camera disappears from the network and cannot be seen by the camera tool. You cannot expect blue iris to see a camera that is not connected to the network.
You can try increasing the receive buffer. In blue iris, go to each cameras properties, video>configure and change the receive buffer to 20.

Last edited by a moderator:

restez

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, I have increased the buffer to 20 and will see what happens. I am using mostly x10 camera's and some trendnet cameras, will be upgrading to better camera's in the future. Which camera do you recommend? This morning all cameras were back up as normal so changing the buffer will show if that is the problem. Thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, I have increased the buffer to 20 and will see what happens. I am using mostly x10 camera's and some trendnet cameras, will be upgrading to better camera's in the future. Which camera do you recommend? This morning all cameras were back up as normal so changing the buffer will show if that is the problem. Thanks again
Hikvision and dahua have been the best value lately...there are tons of threads on both brands.

restez

n3wb
Reaction score
My cameras are all hard wired in so no wifi. using with cable modem at near 60mbps constant speed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My cameras are all hard wired in so no wifi. using with cable modem at near 60mbps constant speed.
you modem or your isp speeds will have no impact on the internal lan...if you have a modem/router combo then the routing portion is the only relevant part.

restez

n3wb
Reaction score
Increasing buffer to 20 seemed to have no effect on it. Strange they just started doing this about a month ago otherwise they always worked 24/7 Last night they were off most of the night but were back on this morning like nothing ever happened
Thanks

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that your cameras are running the latest firmware available for them. Have you assigned static IP's to each camera?

Also, disable UPnP on your cameras if possible. I have seen this option do crazy things like assign the same IP Address to different cameras. Go through your router port forwarding settings and see if anything was added there.