Blue Iris Gradually Goes to 100% CPU Usage

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI is running at 63% , it is the other stuff pushing it over the top. Look at turning off some of the other processes on the system, windows defender, acronis software...... Sometimes just adding a little bit more work to a system forces it over the top, adding one more camera may have caused the system to start page faulting. BI is using very little memory for 15 cameras. Your memory is at 70% and the disk is at 30%, this is highly utilized system.

This will not effect your CPU, but set the stored folder to 0 size, as it it not being used.

It may be time to look at getting a newer system.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@paluszak It looks like all your cameras are being accessed on port 443 which implies they are using "https" with encryption. You might be able to slightly reduce the CPU cost by switching to port 80 (plain HTTP without encryption). Normally I wouldn't bother recommending such a change, but your CPU is very slow so that might make a meaningful difference.

Double check that direct to disc is enabled for all cameras, and consider reducing the frame rate of your 720p cameras to 10 FPS.

paluszak

n3wb
Reaction score
BI is running at 63% , it is the other stuff pushing it over the top. Look at turning off some of the other processes on the system, windows defender, acronis software...... Sometimes just adding a little bit more work to a system forces it over the top, adding one more camera may have caused the system to start page faulting. BI is using very little memory for 15 cameras. Your memory is at 70% and the disk is at 30%, this is highly utilized system.

This will not effect your CPU, but set the stored folder to 0 size, as it it not being used.

It may be time to look at getting a newer system.
I agree, thank you so much for looking, and good idea on the SSL item... I will give that a try in the meantime!

Jason

paluszak

n3wb
Reaction score
@paluszak It looks like all your cameras are being accessed on port 443 which implies they are using "https" with encryption. You might be able to slightly reduce the CPU cost by switching to port 80 (plain HTTP without encryption). Normally I wouldn't bother recommending such a change, but your CPU is very slow so that might make a meaningful difference.

Double check that direct to disc is enabled for all cameras, and consider reducing the frame rate of your 720p cameras to 10 FPS.
By the way, have most of the cam's set to 10 and 15 FPS, but I think I will modify them again to squeeze a bit more out of it.

Jason

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
By the way, have most of the cam's set to 10 and 15 FPS, but I think I will modify them again to squeeze a bit more out of it.

Jason
What model processor do you have in the PC and how much RAM? I'm running an i7-8th gen with 15 cams and average about 8-10% CPU utilization.