Blue Iris help request

Reaction score
Hello, I been using blueiris for a couple months now.
The setup I NEED is continuous recording when I manually hit the record button.

I can no longer get this, I even transferred profiles from the previous windows installation and screenshotted etc. Matching is exactly as is, and the new OS install with my well... Same exact settings except a newer version of blueiris I guess is not allowing my camera to record longer than around 30 seconds to a minute.

Schedule is all day every day, I even tried override etc.

Was wondering if anyone can tell me how to do this again, as I no longer can find the video on youtube that helped me do this.

Or maybe it's just the installation of blueiris being weird in a recent update.

I prefer not to use Continuous recording as it's kept on 24/7 but I disable it at certain times throughout the day RANDOMLY so I can't schedule it as such. Just prefer it this way since I manually observe it throughout the day until I sleep.

So if anyone can help me figure out why the recording keeps stopping after hitting record maybe 30-60 seconds later, that would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I been using blueiris for a couple months now.
The setup I NEED is continuous recording when I manually hit the record button.

I can no longer get this, I even transferred profiles from the previous windows installation and screenshotted etc. Matching is exactly as is, and the new OS install with my well... Same exact settings except a newer version of blueiris I guess is not allowing my camera to record longer than around 30 seconds to a minute.

Schedule is all day every day, I even tried override etc.

Was wondering if anyone can tell me how to do this again, as I no longer can find the video on youtube that helped me do this.

Or maybe it's just the installation of blueiris being weird in a recent update.

I prefer not to use Continuous recording as it's kept on 24/7 but I disable it at certain times throughout the day RANDOMLY so I can't schedule it as such. Just prefer it this way since I manually observe it throughout the day until I sleep.

So if anyone can help me figure out why the recording keeps stopping after hitting record maybe 30-60 seconds later, that would be appreciated.
blue iris options> limit manual recording time..a better way to do this is to setup continuous recording then use the traffic signal to enable/disable
if you are using this for security it makes no sense to require manual recording..

Reaction score
blue iris options> limit manual recording time..a better way to do this is to setup continuous recording then use the traffic signal to enable/disable
if you are using this for security it makes no sense to require manual recording..

Where is Limit manual recording time?

Also this is more or less for nursing aids in my house while I work from home but watch them, as my mother had a TBI so she is bed bound.
So I also watch her at night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where is Limit manual recording time?

Also this is more or less for nursing aids in my house while I work from home but watch them, as my mother had a TBI so she is bed bound.
So I also watch her at night.
exactly where indicated in my post...
so why dont you just set it to record continuously...otherwise I can tell you exactly what is going to happen. You will forget to initialize recording just before a vital event...Murphy's law...

Reaction score
exactly where indicated in my post...
so why dont you just set it to record continuously...otherwise I can tell you exactly what is going to happen. You will forget to initialize recording just before a vital event...Murphy's law...
Where under options? There is no "Limit Manual Recording Time"

Reaction score
Nevermind, I found it. Maybe what was the issue being "limit manual recording time" But I am pretty sure I had that checked too. Sorry bout that!