Blue iris image darker then camera software image

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone came across this before I noticed on my web camera image it seems a lot brighter than blue iris making blue iris pretty useless for me as I cant see northing.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you talking the screenshots off the same pc?

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that is a screen shot of blue iris and my hikvision 2032 liveview webpage side by side on the same screen.

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've seen it. It happens regularly and randomly on just one of my hikvision 2032 cameras. Any chance you have the camera utility using scheduled switch instead of auto switch? Go into the camera utility and just toggle between the two setting (you don't have to change it). That's what fixes it for me every time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen it. It happens regularly and randomly on just one of my hikvision 2032 cameras. Any chance you have the camera utility using scheduled switch instead of auto switch? Go into the camera utility and just toggle between the two setting (you don't have to change it). That's what fixes it for me every time.
If that is the case, its not blue iris that is causing this, the camera must be sending two different streams to the two devices.

Mac13

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve the issue? I'm using a Dahua camera and am seeing the same thing. The picture in BI is much darker then on the camera web tool. Crushes black at night and can't see much.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This is most likely the result of video being converted from RGB Limited to RGB Full. Sometimes this is done inappropriately causing a loss of detail. Blue Iris does not have any options for this. Neither do any cameras in my experience. Really the only place I've ever found these exposed as settings are in some TVs (in their menus) and in video driver control panels on PCs. It doesn't always have an effect. Sometimes only on video that was decoded using that particular device.

For example here is where you find it for Nvidia:

1592451576291.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can't find a setting to make it go away, you could try different hardware acceleration options for the camera that is affected.