Blue Iris iOS App Missing Alert Clips

Reaction score
I am running Blue Iris version 4.0.4.3 and the Blue Iris iOS app version 1.18.03.

In the iOS app, when selecting the alerts button, if I am going through a VPN, many of the alert clips are missing. I know the missing clips should be there because they can be seen in the server's clip window. If I repeatedly, select the alerts button (without exiting the app), the missing clips eventually fill in, but it takes many repeats just to get the first 6-7 clips correctly. Then, if I exit the app and reenter it, I'm back to ground zero with most of the clips missing. (i.e. I might see 4 clips out of dozens that are actually there.)

Note that when the alerts page first comes up in the app, there are many clips without their images filled in yet, and they start shuffling around like crazy with the net result being that they mostly disappear. It's almost like the app knows about all the clips, tries to fill in the video images, fails to do so, and then gets rid of the clip entirely.

If I run the app without the VPN, then the Blue Iris app works fine. And yes, the VPN works fine for all of my other data and applications. Things only go awry when using Blue Iris.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running Blue Iris version 4.0.4.3 and the Blue Iris iOS app version 1.18.03.

In the iOS app, when selecting the alerts button, if I am going through a VPN, many of the alert clips are missing. I know the missing clips should be there because they can be seen in the server's clip window. If I repeatedly, select the alerts button (without exiting the app), the missing clips eventually fill in, but it takes many repeats just to get the first 6-7 clips correctly. Then, if I exit the app and reenter it, I'm back to ground zero with most of the clips missing. (i.e. I might see 4 clips out of dozens that are actually there.)

Note that when the alerts page first comes up in the app, there are many clips without their images filled in yet, and they start shuffling around like crazy with the net result being that they mostly disappear. It's almost like the app knows about all the clips, tries to fill in the video images, fails to do so, and then gets rid of the clip entirely.

If I run the app without the VPN, then the Blue Iris app works fine. And yes, the VPN works fine for all of my other data and applications. Things only go awry when using Blue Iris.

Any ideas?
This is a strange issue...I would email support and see if he can figure it out...