Blue Iris keeps changing camera FPS and it screws up my clips.

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My cameras are set to 20fps, and my blue iris is set to 20fps, however, blue iris keeps changing them to 21fps or 22.5fps after a day or two, and I only notice once all my clips are messed up.

How do I stop this? My cameras need to stay locked at 20fps!

[I am currently uploading a clip to show]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My cameras are set to 20fps, and my blue iris is set to 20fps, however, blue iris keeps changing them to 21fps or 22.5fps after a day or two, and I only notice once all my clips are messed up.

How do I stop this? My cameras need to stay locked at 20fps!

[I am currently uploading a clip to show]
You cant blue iris auto adjusts. What version of blue iris are you running? The issue is not related to the fps change. Something else is going on. Match the iframe interval to the fps. Increase the receive buffer to 20mb.

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Latest version. I don't have iFrame on my reolink cameras, and buffer is 20mb.

How is this NOT a blue iris issue? When it's 20fps, it works fine, so it's not my cameras. I am not changing it, so it's not a human error.

Blue iris is auto adjusting it, and it's messing up all of my clips making my system useless. So it's 100% blue iris issue. When I change it back to 20fps after it auto adjusts, it works fine until it adjusts again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I never said its not a blue iris issue. Its an issue with how blue iris handles direct to disk writes. The problem is the reolink firmware is neutered and does not have basic iframe interval settings that most ip cameras have. There is a known issue with reolink cameras and blue iris. The developer mentioned this on one of the release updates. I would email support to see if there is a fix being worked on. If you disable direct to disk the problem should go away.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the last BI update Ken included some changes to the way these frame rate variations are handled, and he suggested enabling "Use RTSP/stream timecode" (under Camera properties -> Video -> Configure) if it's not already. Might be worth a try.

Tincanalley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the exact same issue. I fixed it by changing the buffer size of each camera in BI from the default of 3MB to 10MB. This might be more than needed, but I haven't had time to adjust down until it happens again. I have the memory and it's working, so I leave it alone.