Blue Iris keeps deleting my recordings!

tosvus

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have 6 4K cameras, 1 2K camera and a Wyze cam v2, with blue iris on a fast computer (can do cpu and gpu encoding/decoding) with a 2TB drive. All cameras except two of the 4k ones are set to continuous sub+alert, the two last are continuous. They are all set to use the incoming stream so no compression is even necessary, so cpu is usually at 30-40 percent.

Alert clips work fine, I can go back many days.
However the continous clips that are supposed to be in the New folder (set to a limit of 1500GB and clip age of 31 days, then Delete), seem to continously just cycle so I only get the last file. I followed some youtuber that seemed to know what he was doing. The result is I have ran Blue Iris for about 10 days now and only have about 50GB of 2TB used, most of that taken by the Alerts folder. On each camera, I have set to combine/cut each video at 1 hr / 10GB.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You may be experiencing the same issue described here:

It is recommended to go back to the previous stable release of Blue Iris via Settings > Check for News and Updates.

Also complain to Blue Iris support so they get a better idea of how many people are being affected.

tosvus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I will give it a try to update, I am on 5.8.0.6, but perhaps that was affected too.