Blue Iris keeps reverting cameras settings

nekminitz

n3wb
Reaction score
Have 2 x IPC-HDW5231R-Z and Blue Iris v4.7.6.7

I have IVS Tripwire setup with the cameras Motion Detection disabled, also using the cameras 'admin' credentials, with BI's config I have PullPointSubscription ticked, "Cameras digital input or motion" ticked, and all is well,

The Problem:
if i restart windows or edit BI's camera settings, it will revert settings i've set on the IPC-HDW5231R-Z admin page.
One setting that seems to always come back is "Motion Detection", even though I just want IVS>Tripwire, a temp fix for the moment is to set Threshold/Sensitivity where "Motion Detection" would not occur, this same problem used to occur when i had a Synology NAS, it always seemed to revert the iframe to 30, even though i set it to 15, Synology had a update to prevent this "Keep Camera Settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I have IVS Tripwire setup with the cameras Motion Detection disabled, also using the cameras 'admin' credentials, with BI's config I have PullPointSubscription ticked, "Cameras digital input or motion" ticked, and all is well,

The Problem:
if i restart windows or edit BI's camera settings, it will revert settings i've set on the IPC-HDW5231R-Z admin page.
One setting that seems to always come back is "Motion Detection", even though I just want IVS>Tripwire, a temp fix for the moment is to set Threshold/Sensitivity where "Motion Detection" would not occur, this same problem used to occur when i had a Synology NAS, it always seemed to revert the iframe to 30, even though i set it to 15, Synology had a update to prevent this "Keep Camera Settings.
blue iris does not and cannot alter your cameras ivs settings

nekminitz

n3wb
Reaction score
just to re-summarize :
Dahua Web Login > Event > Video Detection > Motion Detection > Enable(unticked) > save
Then in Blue Iris, if I save a setting that's connected to the aforementioned camera.
Reload Dahua Web Login webpage, Motion Detection along with Video Tampering is Enabled(ticked)
I can provide proof of it happening if you like, found another [post] with the same problem but different camera

Possible ideas I have as to why this is happening:
Admin credentials, BI has full admin access to the cameras, thus has the ability to change its settings, what I tried doing is creating a second login with less privileges, but for some reason the cameras Events will not trigger for BI.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI: in the 1.5years I've been using BI and the same cameras as you, I've not had this happen. And I've done lots of tweaking in both.

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Onvif information is pulled from the camera and stored in the VMS. Changes within the VMS are pushed to the camera. I have seen numerous VMS push it’s database into the camera, removing settings that are different from the VMS.
Easiest way around that is to make all your changes then add the camera to your VMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you trying to be cute or ignorant?
Negative. Truth-be-told, I was hoping to procure a Like or two with my Spock meme...granted, at your expense...and...I know...certainly a shameless and cheap attempt at LikeMining. But I’ve yet to abandon hope that my previous post to this topic might yet generate one or two. I say!...why don’t you be a sport and grant me one, eh?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just to re-summarize :
Dahua Web Login > Event > Video Detection > Motion Detection > Enable(unticked) > save
Then in Blue Iris, if I save a setting that's connected to the aforementioned camera.
Reload Dahua Web Login webpage, Motion Detection along with Video Tampering is Enabled(ticked)
I can provide proof of it happening if you like, found another [post] with the same problem but different camera

Possible ideas I have as to why this is happening:
Admin credentials, BI has full admin access to the cameras, thus has the ability to change its settings, what I tried doing is creating a second login with less privileges, but for some reason the cameras Events will not trigger for BI.
You did not find another thread with the same problem. That is a hikvision camera with a HIKVISION NVR. Not blue iris. Once again, blue iris cannot and does not adjust any ivs settings.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Negative. Truth-be-told, I was hoping to procure a Like or two with my Spock meme...granted, at your expense...and...I know...certainly a shameless and cheap attempt at LikeMining. But I’ve yet to abandon hope that my previous post to this topic might yet generate one or two. I say!...why don’t you be a sport and grant me one, eh?
Seems to be a pattern of behavior. Glad you came clean, well, somewhat.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm in! :)

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gave a like for the snark factor, but I do swear that Surveillance Station on my Synology would make changes to my camera (like resolution, FPS, etc) so that it matched what I had configured in SS. But that was years ago, and I'm old, so who knows if that memory is correct... :)

Woah, that's big news. A lot of folks were wanting IVS on the 5231s to trigger BI, but nobody could get it to work. Wonder if it was a BI update that solved this, or a Dahua firmware update?!

The Problem:
I'll set one of my 5231s up as your describe and then see if BI makes any changes to it.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, only got got play with it for a few minutes...

In BI, as soon as I enable "Cameras digital input or motion" and then saved that change, that's when Motion and Tamper Detection gets enabled on the settings of my 5231. If I disable that setting in BI, and then disable those settings on the 5231, they stay disabled. But the moment I re-enable that setting within BI (and save the change), those settings on the 5231 get re-enabled again.

Once "Cameras digital input or motion" is disabled (and saved) on my BI, BI stops seeing any motion from my 5231 (including IVS).

When I have more time, I'll try what you did -- make the motion sensitivity settings on the 5231 such that they they never trigger. I'm curious to see if my IVS rules will fire then...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Woah, that's big news. A lot of folks were wanting IVS on the 5231s to trigger BI, but nobody could get it to work. Wonder if it was a BI update that solved this, or a Dahua firmware update?!
There are posts that confirm that it works...I have not tested it.

nekminitz

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, only got got play with it for a few minutes...

In BI, as soon as I enable "Cameras digital input or motion" and then saved that change, that's when Motion and Tamper Detection gets enabled on the settings of my 5231. If I disable that setting in BI, and then disable those settings on the 5231, they stay disabled. But the moment I re-enable that setting within BI (and save the change), those settings on the 5231 get re-enabled again.

Once "Cameras digital input or motion" is disabled (and saved) on my BI, BI stops seeing any motion from my 5231 (including IVS).

When I have more time, I'll try what you did -- make the motion sensitivity settings on the 5231 such that they they never trigger. I'm curious to see if my IVS rules will fire then...
Thank you, a real reply!!, and you took the time to confirm my findings!
Since i'm using a NUC(Celeron J3455, yes it has QuickSync which uses 2-3% CPU usage because of it, w/o QuickSync it uses 60%), i made as many optimizations as i could and figured give the detection processing power to the cameras, which I find IVS Tripwire to be very very good, also i was sold on the idea BI is superior to Dahua PoE NVR's, thats why I chose a NUC which is currently sitting at 3W usage.

As for the firmware, i had 11/12/17 pre-loaded, but recently updated to newest in hopes my above problem would be fixed, both versions IVS could trigger BI

Last edited: