Blue Iris low framerate on 6mp - Camera realated moved to dahua forum

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Im new here and currently in the process of pre-configuring the system I will be using in our new house that we will move into this year. I will be running 5 Dahua cameras but two of them are still on their way.
Currently I have configured one Dahua IPC-HFW8232E-Z 2mp Starlight and one Dahua IPC-HDBW8630E-Z 6mp Ultra camera.

When I run them both on 2mp and 20 in frame rate it all looks good in BI. The problem is that if I configure the 8630 camera to 6mp the frame rate for that cam goes down to 3-6 fps, also the bit rate shows as zero in BI(directly on the cam it shows correctly).
I have tried all kind of settings in both BI and on the camera but I never get it up to 20 as it should.

Is there any configuration option that is wrong?
I have tried to search on the forum for a solution but without success.
The CPU is not running at max and the result is the same even if I delete all other cameras from BI.
This is currenty running on a dedicated dell 6430 laptop so its not optimal but I think it should handle one 6mp stream.
The config is direct-to-disk.
A new HP elitedesk I5-6500 computer is on the way and maybe that will solve the problem.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
Im new here and currently in the process of pre-configuring the system I will be using in our new house that we will move into this year. I will be running 5 Dahua cameras but two of them are still on their way.
Currently I have configured one Dahua IPC-HFW8232E-Z 2mp Starlight and one Dahua IPC-HDBW8630E-Z 6mp Ultra camera.

When I run them both on 2mp and 20 in frame rate it all looks good in BI. The problem is that if I configure the 8630 camera to 6mp the frame rate for that cam goes down to 3-6 fps, also the bit rate shows as zero in BI(directly on the cam it shows correctly).
I have tried all kind of settings in both BI and on the camera but I never get it up to 20 as it should.

Is there any configuration option that is wrong?
I have tried to search on the forum for a solution but without success.
The CPU is not running at max and the result is the same even if I delete all other cameras from BI.
This is currenty running on a dedicated dell 6430 laptop so its not optimal but I think it should handle one 6mp stream.
The config is direct-to-disk.
A new HP elitedesk I5-6500 computer is on the way and maybe that will solve the problem.
Thanks in advance.
try lowering your bitrate....its way too high...blue iris does not control fps, it takes whatever the camera sends it...
are you running the demo or entered a license key?

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
try lowering your bitrate....its way too high...blue iris does not control fps, it takes whatever the camera sends it...
are you running the demo or entered a license key?
I have been testing different bitrates. If I set it to 4096 I get between 7 and 10 fps in BI, sometimes up to 13. I got a license.
The PC uses less than 30% of the CPU. They are connected to the same switch.

Attachments

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
I did some further testing and It looks like there might be some issues with the camera. If I connect directly to the camera the live feed feels slow. If I set it to 2mp it feels much faster.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
See my thread about configuring an 8mp for use with BI. Could you be running into a similar situation?

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
Since this seems to be camera related and not BI related I created a thread in the dahua part of the forum instead.
Thanks for the help so far.