Blue Iris Moble app Crash

AU-IT

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to Blue Iris and Surveillance system. I'm trying to set up a system for my small University.I have installed 37 IP cameras with a plan to add more to the system later. Need help with Mobile app crashing PC.
I have a new windows 10 Pro with a i7 8700 CPU 16 G Ram with 37 4mp IP cameras at 10 fps recording on motion. The CPU stays around 15% but when I start the mobile app it goes to 100 % CPU usage. Any settings that I may have overlooked?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new to Blue Iris and Surveillance system. I'm trying to set up a system for my small University.I have installed 37 IP cameras with a plan to add more to the system later. Need help with Mobile app crashing PC.
I have a new windows 10 Pro with a i7 8700 CPU 16 G Ram with 37 4mp IP cameras at 10 fps recording on motion. The CPU stays around 15% but when I start the mobile app it goes to 100 % CPU usage. Any settings that I may have overlooked?
Are you using the limit decoding option to keep cpu usage low? if so that would explain the jump when remote viewing...
37x4mp is a huge load for BI....what is your memory usage?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using limit decoding. Memory is 9.67G.
when you login via the mobile app, BI has to decode the streams...so its causing cpu to hit 100 and crash...you need to uncheck the limit decoding and bring down the cpu using the info in the wiki

AU-IT

n3wb
Reaction score
what are the optimal setting for the camera property.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
turned off limit decoding and CPU is at 96%.
How are you viewing? Local monitor or remotely?...is direct to disk enabled for EACH camera? Hardware acceleration on? Limit live view frame rates should be at 10

AU-IT

n3wb
Reaction score
Local monitor. Direct to disk is enabled for each camera. Hardware acceleration YES (H.264). frame rates 6. Had to turn on (Limit decoding unless required) to each camera. if I turn it off is when the cpu goes to 100% .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Local monitor. Direct to disk is enabled for each camera. Hardware acceleration YES (H.264). frame rates 6. Had to turn on (Limit decoding unless required) to each camera. if I turn it off is when the cpu goes to 100% .
are you running the demo?
also what is the monitor resolution you are viewing on? 4k monitor will jack the cpu.

Last edited: