Blue Iris move from 32bit to 64bit PC - problem with vitamin

Witsend

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just moved a fully working Blue Iris installation that has a mixture of Wanscam Dome PTZ cameras and Vivotek IP6122 static cameras from a 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC to a 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC. I exported and imported the configuration.

The Wanscam cameras are working fine. The Vivotek cameras have stopped working with an error "Load vitamin ...."
I've loaded vitamin but the cameras still ask for it to be loaded?
I've done reboots and reinstalls but can't get the cameras to work.

The cameras are working through the Vivotek browser client and Deskshare's IP Camera Viewer.

I'm stumped. Anybody got any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've just moved a fully working Blue Iris installation that has a mixture of Wanscam Dome PTZ cameras and Vivotek IP6122 static cameras from a 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC to a 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC. I exported and imported the configuration.

The Wanscam cameras are working fine. The Vivotek cameras have stopped working with an error "Load vitamin ...."
I've loaded vitamin but the cameras still ask for it to be loaded?
I've done reboots and reinstalls but can't get the cameras to work.

The cameras are working through the Vivotek browser client and Deskshare's IP Camera Viewer.

I'm stumped. Anybody got any ideas?
Welcome to the forum. What EXACT version of blue iris are you running?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you are running BOTH Blue Iris AND Vitamin D. Is this correct? Am I missing something?
Its not vitamin D...its a a "pluigin" needed for certain ip cameras...from release notes
"

• A Vitamin controller emulator option. This is for 4XEM, Vivotek and DLink cameras that previously required the Vitamin OCX installed for streaming. Currently, MP4V video and G.729A audio are supported; other formats may be added as required by users. The Vitamin OCX had some known long-term instability including the potential to blue-screen crash Windows when running in some VM environments."

Witsend

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running the latest version, as at 21/11/2015, of Blue Iris.

I updated the version running in the 32 bit machine before moving to the 64 bit environment.

I did try it without vitamin installed but BI just errors saying it's not loaded.

I messed about about with the compatablilty runtime options in Windows but it made no difference.

Funnily enough the 32bit version is a Virtualbox VM version which has been running for 6-9 months without a problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running the latest version, as at 21/11/2015, of Blue Iris.

I updated the version running in the 32 bit machine before moving to the 64 bit environment.

I did try it without vitamin installed but BI just errors saying it's not loaded.

I messed about about with the compatablilty runtime options in Windows but it made no difference.

Funnily enough the 32bit version is a Virtualbox VM version which has been running for 6-9 months without a problem.
I would email support..not many users have these type of cameras...if you are recording these cams to bvr, try using mp4 and see if it helps.

Witsend

n3wb
Reaction score
Just received an email from BI Support:

"The vitamin controller is a 32-bit component. Please re-install and select 32-bit."

I'm not sure there's the option to select 32 bit.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just received an email from BI Support:

"The vitamin controller is a 32-bit component. Please re-install and select 32-bit."

I'm not sure there's the option to select 32 bit.
when you install the program there is an option to select the version...

Witsend

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll give it a go later tonight. I would of thought I'd of noticed it but you never know. I does take quite a while to load.

Witsend

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I tried it and it worked. :)
I installed Blue Iris taking the option for a 32bit install. I reinstalled Vitamin and all the cameras now work.
Simple really when I thought about it.