Blue Iris & Multiple sites

p3ter

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am evaluating Blue Iris right now. A bit of a steep learning curve, but so far I am very happy with the Motion Sensor/Object Detection/Zones compared to my NVR, & IP cameras built in motion detection functionality, and compared to ISPY - I am getting a huge reduction in false positives, without feeling like I am missing important events.

My question relates to what strategy people have with image quality/fps etc when monitoring. I am monitoring 2 locations, with 10Mbps upload speed between the 2 sites. Ideally; to conserve bandwidth it would be great if I could set up the same camera with 2 different qualities (2 ONVIF profiles) - monitoring in low quality and low fps, and switching to higher quality/higher fps for the trigger period. Is this possible?

Do others do anything similar? Are there any methods to minimize bandwidth when monitoring remote cameras until an alarm is triggered?

If not - what are the other possibilities? Does a full license allow multiple installs, and if so, is there a way to monitor alerts/clips from multiple servers in one stream?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I am evaluating Blue Iris right now. A bit of a steep learning curve, but so far I am very happy with the Motion Sensor/Object Detection/Zones compared to my NVR, & IP cameras built in motion detection functionality, and compared to ISPY - I am getting a huge reduction in false positives, without feeling like I am missing important events.

My question relates to what strategy people have with image quality/fps etc when monitoring. I am monitoring 2 locations, with 10Mbps upload speed between the 2 sites. Ideally; to conserve bandwidth it would be great if I could set up the same camera with 2 different qualities (2 ONVIF profiles) - monitoring in low quality and low fps, and switching to higher quality/higher fps for the trigger period. Is this possible?

Do others do anything similar? Are there any methods to minimize bandwidth when monitoring remote cameras until an alarm is triggered?

If not - what are the other possibilities? Does a full license allow multiple installs, and if so, is there a way to monitor alerts/clips from multiple servers in one stream?

Thanks!
network optix nxwitness sold in north america as dw spectrum ipvms can do this (though i dont know if its constantly pulling the main stream as well), it can record substream until motion when it records main stream. Price is 70 PER CAMERA.