Blue Iris (Non) Hot Spot Trigger

boneless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all!

I will keep it short, I have Blue Iris setup to send a trigger to my Home Assistant for each camera. If I am not home, Home Assistant send me an email with a snapshot. Works great!

Now.. On some days, there is a lot of traffic and I get overwhelmed by emails from my front camera's. However, I don't mind BI triggering and recording those.

So, is it possible to have two triggers? One with a hotspot, and one without?
Alternatively I could set up those front camera's twice, but that would strain the system..

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I will keep it short, I have Blue Iris setup to send a trigger to my Home Assistant for each camera. If I am not home, Home Assistant send me an email with a snapshot. Works great!

Now.. On some days, there is a lot of traffic and I get overwhelmed by emails from my front camera's. However, I don't mind BI triggering and recording those.

So, is it possible to have two triggers? One with a hotspot, and one without?
Alternatively I could set up those front camera's twice, but that would strain the system..

Thanks!
you should never use the hotspot zone, it will trigger on the slightest movement..
setting up a second camera will not effect cpu consumption significantly make sure to hide the camera so its not rendering twice..