Blue Iris on Windows Server 2012 RS Essentials

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have BI working on Windows Server 2012 RS Essentials?

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I have it running on Server 2012 Essentials - I tried playing around with r2, didn't like (too complicated for me) and went back to just 2012

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why would you need to run it on server? It runs great on a windows workstation with far less software licensing costs..

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Because lots of people have 'home servers' to backup their other computers would be one reason

Last edited by a moderator:

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This server is being utilized in a small business. The hardware is crazy powerful and should easily handle the increase load. (With all the users utilizing the system, there is only a 3% load.)

Just not sure if BI will work correctly on this OS?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This server is being utilized in a small business. The hardware is crazy powerful and should easily handle the increase load. (With all the users utilizing the system, there is only a 3% load.)

Just not sure if BI will work correctly on this OS?
Install the demo and find out...it should work...
Keep in mind, that it is always best to run a critical VMS on a clean system running that software only. All my BI machines run on dedicated systems and I have no hiccups.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep I think that's what I'll do. Install and see what happens. .

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any chance you could potentially run BI on a VM on that server, so you can isolate and control the resources of the machine enough to the point where it doesn't impact the main operations of the business? Personally, if it was me, I would never run a mission critical application (either as a server, or as a VMS) on a machine running any other mission critical process.. it's the whole putting too many eggs in one basket thing. Especially with the cost of PC hardware and/or NVRs being so cheap, why risk bogging down a machine or perhaps taking down the network unexpectedly? Whatever you do, make sure that you are running the BI camera traffic thru a seperate network interface card, connected to an isolated switch for your cameras to insure top IP transit performance on the network.