Blue Iris only refreshing video once every five seconds...

loglobal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Blue Iris video feed only refreshes every five seconds even though the camera is outputting 15 fps. Both the Hikvision feed in its management interface and recordings in Blue Iris are playing correctly, just not the live feed into Blue Iris. I have tried various settings, both in BI camera setup and in the camera's configuration, but I am not having any luck. Any ideas?

EDIT: This is so strange. When I view the camera properties in Blue Iris, the preview under Status is playing correctly! What the heck...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My Blue Iris video feed only refreshes every five seconds even though the camera is outputting 15 fps. Both the Hikvision feed in its management interface and recordings in Blue Iris are playing correctly, just not the live feed into Blue Iris. I have tried various settings, both in BI camera setup and in the camera's configuration, but I am not having any luck. Any ideas?

EDIT: This is so strange. When I view the camera properties in Blue Iris, the preview under Status is playing correctly! What the heck...
You are likely viewing using RDP..there is a setting in blue iris options>cameras...set to unrestricted.

loglobal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Holy smokes! I missed this one during my setup last week...

Reaction score
I have the same problem but chanigng above setting does nothing.
Two separate BI installations, with the same cameras.
One i3-8100 is fine and the other i9-9900K no refresh on video preview. Recording is OK.
I exported config from one to the other and same problem. Configurating from scratch and still problem.
Tried HW acceleration on and off, Inte, Nvidia, H.265, H.264, + and no +. Turning off one BI and running only second. Restarting cameras. Tested running as service.

On better PC BI is not working properly.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
In BI options, cameras, is Limit live preview rate set where you want it?

Reaction score
Rate was 30. I find the solution: "pause live" was paused but there was no "v" next to this option.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank You fenderman. After about 3 months of running smoothly my BI5 started having this issue about a week ago. I reinstalled, reinstalled with previous releases and assumed it was an issue with Windows update or my GPU. I made that change tonight and all is well.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a pause button in the upper right of the cameras frame. See if that got pushed by accident.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's a pause button in the upper right of the cameras frame. See if that got pushed by accident.
That got me once before. It took me about 20 seconds to realize what happened.

Reaction score
I had the same issue and you are right, the 'pause' button had gotten pressed. Easy to do because it's so close to the 'close' button. Thank you for posting.