Blue Iris out of sync

Reaction score
Hello! This morning I had a ton of notifications going via motion detection showing me my water delivery guy was here,When im looking at the cameras BI is showing a time stamp of 5:32 AM when I know sure as day it was 8:30 AM. The cameras UI was reflecting the right time. Anyways when I went to view my alerts and recordings I could see everything recorded fine until about 2:30 in the morning then all of the sudden all 9 of my cameras started to record with no audio and when I viewed the playback it was almost playing back at 2X speed,It seemed to fix itself after I restarted the computer. What could of caused this? Ive been running BI on this new system for about 2 weeks now with no problem. The only thing I did notice was when I went to restart the computer it did have updates that were ready to be installed. All seems good right now,Just concerned that it doesn't happen again. Thanks for any insight!

8 Reolink Cameras (Yes I know some dont recommend it but I didnt know better until they were purchased and installed on the house,They all work fine and havent given me any issue though.)
i7 6700 with no GPU
WD Purple Drive
Windows 10

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello! This morning I had a ton of notifications going via motion detection showing me my water delivery guy was here,When im looking at the cameras BI is showing a time stamp of 5:32 AM when I know sure as day it was 8:30 AM. The cameras UI was reflecting the right time. Anyways when I went to view my alerts and recordings I could see everything recorded fine until about 2:30 in the morning then all of the sudden all 9 of my cameras started to record with no audio and when I viewed the playback it was almost playing back at 2X speed,It seemed to fix itself after I restarted the computer. What could of caused this? Ive been running BI on this new system for about 2 weeks now with no problem. The only thing I did notice was when I went to restart the computer it did have updates that were ready to be installed. All seems good right now,Just concerned that it doesn't happen again. Thanks for any insight!

8 Reolink Cameras (Yes I know some dont recommend it but I didnt know better until they were purchased and installed on the house,They all work fine and havent given me any issue though.)
i7 6700 with no GPU
WD Purple Drive
Windows 10
Do you have a CLEAN installation of windows?
do you have use rtsp timecode checked in the video configuration?
did you check the pc clock before restarting?

Reaction score
Yes,It was a brand new computer straight from Dell.
No RTSP time code is off
Yes the PC clock is fine and correct.

Reaction score
I think I could of figured it out. Last night in my infinite wisdom I decided to go through the help files of BI, I noticed that it said the Database in the Clips and Archiving should be set on your local/Fast drive which I did not. I had the database on my WD Purple drive, So not thinking I created a new Folder on my C drive and pointed BI database folder to that file. Could this be what screwed it up? I could of sworn I restarted the computer after that but maybe not. If that is what caused it do I need to do anything to fix it? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I could of figured it out. Last night in my infinite wisdom I decided to go through the help files of BI, I noticed that it said the Database in the Clips and Archiving should be set on your local/Fast drive which I did not. I had the database on my WD Purple drive, So not thinking I created a new Folder on my C drive and pointed BI database folder to that file. Could this be what screwed it up? I could of sworn I restarted the computer after that but maybe not. If that is what caused it do I need to do anything to fix it? Thanks
that is possible...it should be fine now..just let it run..

Reaction score
So I think I figured it out! So it happen again tonight this time it was after a restart of the computer,When I opened BI up and looked at the clips I saw only 2 out of the 9 cameras had the correct time on BI. The 2 cameras was showing 930PM which was the correct time and played back just fine with audoio while the other cameras on BI was showing the time as 853PM and the playback was fast forward with no audio, I restarted the computer,restarted all the cameras and still was having the problem. So I deleted the Database folder on my C drive,restarted the computer and everything seems to be back to normal. Is this how its supposed to be or did I stumble on a bug? Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I think I figured it out! So it happen again tonight this time it was after a restart of the computer,When I opened BI up and looked at the clips I saw only 2 out of the 9 cameras had the correct time on BI. The 2 cameras was showing 930PM which was the correct time and played back just fine with audoio while the other cameras on BI was showing the time as 853PM and the playback was fast forward with no audio, I restarted the computer,restarted all the cameras and still was having the problem. So I deleted the Database folder on my C drive,restarted the computer and everything seems to be back to normal. Is this how its supposed to be or did I stumble on a bug? Thanks!
When you screw with the database all sorts of crap can happen...it should be fine now..