Blue Iris PC Change - Camera Problem

rmoran

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a new BI PC (thanks to this help of this group). Seems to be functioning much more efficiently, but now I have 3 WANSVIEW cams that are not wanting to work. I used the export import function on the server. I have made sure the settings are identical (taking pics and going back and forth to the PCs). The cameras work fine on the other PC. I had to deactivate and reactivate but they picked it up fine. On the new PC it says No Signal. 2 of the cameras are offsite, 1 is local. I have reboot them all. I can log into the cameras manually no problem. What am I missing? Driving me crazy. Thanks

UPDATE - It looks like it's picking it up, just not displaying picture. I'm getting Bitrate and framerates in my general section on the cameras. Do I need to install something else on the PC to show the video?

I have a i7-6700 CPU, 12 GB Ram, 2TB drive HP. Refurb, looks like a clean install.

Last edited:

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it possible to post your old pics of the settings that working in BI and pictures of your new settings that don't work in BI?
If as you say you can still access them from the browser, it must be a incorrect setting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a new BI PC (thanks to this help of this group). Seems to be functioning much more efficiently, but now I have 3 WANSVIEW cams that are not wanting to work. I used the export import function on the server. I have made sure the settings are identical (taking pics and going back and forth to the PCs). The cameras work fine on the other PC. I had to deactivate and reactivate but they picked it up fine. On the new PC it says No Signal. 2 of the cameras are offsite, 1 is local. I have reboot them all. I can log into the cameras manually no problem. What am I missing? Driving me crazy. Thanks

UPDATE - It looks like it's picking it up, just not displaying picture. I'm getting Bitrate and framerates in my general section on the cameras. Do I need to install something else on the PC to show the video?

I have a i7-6700 CPU, 12 GB Ram, 2TB drive HP. Refurb, looks like a clean install.
setting aside the underlying issue, ALWAYS do a clean install with the MS media creation tool

rmoran

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not know what the MS Media Creation Tool is. I googled it and searched on the forums.

rmoran

n3wb
Reaction score
Disabling the hw accesleration was it!!! Holy crap! Why does that matter? I was under the impression that was a good thing to enable it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Disabling the hw accesleration was it!!! Holy crap! Why does that matter? I was under the impression that was a good thing to enable it.
It's a good thing if your camera stream is supported